Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #19
grokdesigns

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by manborn
i was at my local dealer yesterday and i actually saw the blank key with integrated remote for me only to find out that they could not program the key with my VIP alarm system.

according to glen toyota, NJ service manager: I have an after market alarm system hence the remotes and keys separated is what I currently got (even when my remote and key have the toyota logos?!? WTF )

im on a mission to get this integrated key since team toyota, GA only gave me 2. 1 master 1 valet, so they owe me 1 more master which should be the key with integrated remote.

i need a 2nd opinion, any1 know any good toyota dealer service center that are honest and reliable? im going to get this key and just advise team toyota that im doing it with another dealer besides the plan was get the key and have programming dealer forward bill to team

i could be paranoid but im starting to get the feeling that team and glen are conspiring to just point me to a dead end wall (maybe since the key + labor will cost them). how hard is it to program a key? it's 2006 for f*ck sake! people swap engines and they cant program a damn key.
I'm pretty sure the integrated keys won't work for an alarm system. They only contain 3 buttons, lock, unlock, panic. I guess theoretically lock could arm the system and unlock could disarm it, but I don't think they're made this way. As an aside, why don't they have a damn trunk open button?!
grokdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:29 PM   #20
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
manborn: do you have a picture of your remote?

i do belive they told you that you have an aftermarket alarm system, that's why you have separated remote, and that's another reason WHY they didn't give you the 3rd key with integrated remote.
the probably did that to save troubles from hearing you that your key doesn't disarm the car, while you were supposed to use the separated remote to disarm....

anyhow, they still owe you a 3rd key, or a 2nd master key...
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:23 AM   #21
thegame11

Drives: 07yaris/vitz
i bought a flip key off ebay...85$..is it worth it????
thegame11 is offline   Reply With Quote