Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-02-2023, 02:04 PM   #1
comk4ver

Drives: '08 Yaris
Complete Fusible Link Picture?

Hi!

I need a complete picture of the fusible link the stuff that's on top where that octogonal shaped nut is; under the cover.

About a year ago, I had to replace the terminals on my 2008 Toyota Yaris but my dad accidently broke the part that was protecting or covering the fusible link. Fast Forward one year later and the new battery is pulling on the wiring harness so much that it's not letting the braking light to turn on which is causing the whole damn car to seize up. I haven't had the brake strap on the car since I replaced the battery the first time around so it wasn't causing any issues but now it's causing all kinds of issues. O'Reily's says that the battery I have is the right one (group 35, yes checked) but its' too tall I had to cut the aftermarket battery strap to make it fit on the O'Reily battery to hold it down. I'm almost sure if I could find the thing that went on top of the fusible link it might give me more length for the battery.

Anyways, thanks guys!
comk4ver is offline   Reply With Quote