Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2020, 01:17 AM   #1
rayfloyd170

Drives: Yaris 2016 1.3 Manual
Question on Parasitic Draw

What is the safest value for parasitic draw in order not to drain my battery and render my car inoperable?

1.) I installed ultrasonic mouse/rodent repellant which says 40mA working and 5 mA on standby. It has ON/OFF switch and i tried switching it ON during night time. (i got no choice, an expensive hydraulic motor mount already was damaged and replaced, water hose for wiper fluid also had to be replaced because of rats/mouse)
2.) OBD 2 Bluetooth 4.0 - which says 3mA on standby
3.) generic keyless entry - with 5 actuators including the back compartment (i don't know the rating)

I am not sure if what i am doing is safe, i don't want to get stuck one day esp early in the morning while on the way to work.

Can someone please mention to me the safest parasitic current draw?

I normally drive my car everyday and parked it on average of 12-16hours at night.

Thanks in advance.
rayfloyd170 is offline   Reply With Quote