Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-27-2019, 11:08 AM   #1
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Firestone all weather tires...

A very long story short...

The tires that I had on my '09 Yaris were about 9 years old Yokohoma tires which replaced the crap factory tires early on....
I originally got them because the tire dealer dealer could not get the Michelin tires that I really wanted.

So, I needed to replace them with something good but, relatively inexpensive.

Living in NY state, I wanted an all weather / all season tire. Also, as we all know, not all tires come in the size that the Yaris needs.

So, I settled on the "Firestone all weather" tire.

I have had them for a few weeks now and really like them so far..... great traction, great ride, and quiet.
I have yet to assess them on snow but, I'm sure they will be OK .
Average price per tire for "185/60R 15" is about $80.

So, if you need new all season tires for your Yaris ad have no idea what to get, these might be a consideration.

EDIT........
Since it has now been snowing in NY State I can now assess them for snow .
It is a given that no all weather tire is as good in heavy snow as a dedicated snow tire.....
However,. it's also a given that some all weather tires are better than others.
Anyway, my experience has been that these Firestones are great in light to med snow. They plow right through areas of 3-5 inches of unplowed snow much like it was not even there.
I also (safely) activated the anti lock brakes on an area of snow an ice and there was no noticeable sliding etc. The tires gripped well . :)

BTW, I only post all this in case someone needs good, inexpensive all season tires for their Yaris and has no idea what to get ..... as I originally did not know either.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FS_AWxxx.jpeg (176.1 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by RedRide; 12-05-2019 at 08:55 AM.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote