Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-23-2009, 08:11 AM   #19
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1phazu1u View Post
I just took a measurement of the dash in my car at the widest point. with the doors open, from about cup holder to cupholder, it was about 53" on the dot. same with the bottom part. but near the top around where the windsheild is its about 51, give or take a half inch.

I've been doing some research and looking at pictures of people modding their consoles/ opening them up. from what i can see, underneath the dash is almost the exact same layout. I'm more than willing to give this a shot and make a tutorial, the only reason i'm doubting that this might not work is because of the door panels, which i've already purchased.

The first thing i noticed before is that the door panels on the hb are a bit different in style and measurement. Im not too sure about measurements, i guess i'm praying it will work.

Second thing i noticed is that there is no way the hb dash will fit with sedan doors or vice versa without doing some modifications of my own, (meaning busting out my trusty dremel).

So i'm going to take you up on your offer, pm me Ct scott. I'm hoping you'll be able to help me out in finding all the replacement panels for the dash where the compartments go. In the mean time ill be changing the led's in my car, and getting familiar with all the nuts and bolts, and ill post pics up of my progress.

One more thing in regards to what you said about the connectors to the cluster. Are you talking about the Climate or the Speedo?

The speedometer has one different connector. The right one is identical, but the left one is larger on the Sedan (although the same number of pins are used on both and the same ones in the same positions have the same functions.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote