Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #1
arnoldod

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Recommended After Market Shocks/Struts - Tokico HP & HTS is not available in Country

Hi All,

I am a newbie from Indonesia, who just recently lured to learn more about Yaris suspension and interested to change my Yaris (NCP91) shocks/struts and spring.

After reading the most of the threads about aftermarket shocks/springs replacement to improve handling, I come to a conclusion that the best way for me to maintain a balance of good ride and handling without cutting much of shocks/struts lifecycle when using aftermarket spring is to also replace the OEM shocks/struts with the aftermarket springs.

My spring of choice is Eibach Pro Kit as it does not lowered my car too low.

However, I have not found a good aftermarket shocks to pair with Eibach Pro Kit. I would love to have Tockico HP or HTS but Tokico performance products are not available for Yaris in my country and importing from overseas is not an option considering the shipment cost plus very high tax on products that priced more than USD 250.

Aftermarket shocks/struts that widely available in my country for Yaris are:
1. Kayaba Excel-G
2. Hotbits
3. Tokico (Parts#: B3239 Front Left, B3240 Front Right, E 2981 Rear)
4. Monroe Reflex

Coilover is not my option because I only need the balance of good ride & handling but better than the stock quality.

TRD suspension will keep me from replacing my suspensions for the next 1-2 months because Toyota does not keep TRD suspensions in stock in Indonesia at this time. Therefore, we have to place a special order for the TRD parts.

Koni shocks/struts is very rare in Indonesia. I have tried to reach the distributors this whole week but I have not received any responses from them.

Please give your recommendation to me for my Yaris stocks/struts.

Thanks!
arnoldod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Your #3 ARE Tokico performance shocks (HPS blue), compared to stock. They just aren't adjustable like the HTS reds are.

You are incorrect about shipping cost and duties/fees are minimized with the method my company uses to ship. I'd be happy to provide a quote with shipping if you PM me.

Good luck with your car project!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
arnoldod

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Your #3 ARE Tokico performance shocks (HPS blue), compared to stock. They just aren't adjustable like the HTS reds are.

You are incorrect about shipping cost and duties/fees are minimized with the method my company uses to ship. I'd be happy to provide a quote with shipping if you PM me.

Good luck with your car project!
Hi Cali,

Thank you for your response. According to the local shock seller, the Tokico that he offered was made in Thailand.

I had checked MicroImage online store and saw that the part number was actually HB3239/HB3240/HE2987. The part numbers in MicroImage is the same as what Tokico catalog that I checked from Tokico USA website described, while the part number that the local seller offer to me begins with B instead of H.

Are these actually the same part as Tokico HP in US but made for different market?

The price that the local seller offered to me was also significantly lower than the price that I found around the world wide web.

Sorry if I have too many questions as I am a complete newbie when it comes to car parts as this is my first attempt in replacing stock parts with aftermarket ones.

This is the reference image of the shocks that the seller gave and the color of the shock is black:

Thank You

Last edited by arnoldod; 02-26-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
arnoldod

I did a research to find out what shock/strut brand of Yaris (NCP91) in Asia for 2009 onwards. I found out that the OEM shock for Indonesia Yaris released in 2012 was, in fact, Tokico (Parts#: B3239 Front Left, B3240 Front Right, E 2981 Rear).

I doubt that the OEM shock/strut in my car is the same as Tokico HP Blues even though the parts number is similar. The HP Blues part number in US begins with "H" (i.e: HB3239 for the front), while part number of the Tokico used as OEM part for my Yaris begins with "B".

I probably will get KYB Excel-G since I only have Hotbits & Monroe Reflex as other options and I am not sure about Hotbits & Monroe Reflex quality (ride & durability).

If there is any other suggestions than coilover that can helps a lot the handling department of Yaris, please let me know.