Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-06-2021, 03:16 PM   #1
Jwahlberg
I've made a post!

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Access to body panel behind passeger seat

Hi,

Someone hit our 2010 Yaris Hatchback a few weeks ago while it was parked at a store. The point of impact was the body section behind the passenger door. There are no scratches or breaks in the metal.

Using misc strong suction cups, I was able to undo 60-70% of the major dents but a significant portion still remains.

Unless there's a miracle process available to deal with this type of damage, I will need access to the "body" from inside the car. My current thought is to use a rubber mallet and carefully attempt to restore the damaged areas. But, it's not clear to me how to properly access the affected area from inside the vehicle. For example: Can I access the said area without having to remove the back seat? If yes, what is the proper order and process to open/remove the surrounding panels?

I've looked on this forum along with other sites, YouTube, etc, but have not been able to find the info I'm looking for, hence posting.

Thanks you VERY much in advance for any advice!

-- J
Jwahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:21 AM   #2
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Do you have any pictures? I have the 2nd gen door hatchback, for me there are plastic panels that I can remove to get to the skin of the car.

Have you tried the hot glue stick trick? Remember, you'd want to pull out the shallow parts of the dent first, the deep end last.

Good luck!
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:23 AM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
iirc, there are two sheet panels back there, so you won't be able to access the dent/damage from the inside of the car.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote