Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-16-2021, 03:51 AM   #1
Mountainous Goat
I've made a post!

Drives: 2011 Vitz
Dash and panel lights not working as they should.

Hi everyone.

So I was trying to install some fog lights on my girlfriend's 2011 Vitz(2012 Yaris equivalent I think?) and when I, after following various instructions, jumped pin 3 to 4 in the headlight switch connector, the interior panel lights and dash/gauge lights all came on and stayed on. The rear park lights also came on. Also the fogs didn't work.

I figured I must've gotten the wires wrong so tried again. This time, the interior lights and rear park lights only came on when the headlights were on high beam. At this point I decided to take out my taps completely and see what was up. When I put it back to how it was tho, I noticed that 1. The interior dash panel and gauge lights still weren't coming on anymore, along with the read park lights 2. My front park lights weren't working either. Low beams and high beams were fine.

At this point I'm more concerned with getting the Vitz back to how it was when I started before I do anything with the foglights again. Can anyone help with this weird situation?
Mountainous Goat is offline   Reply With Quote