Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-27-2021, 12:11 PM   #1
silverbullet17

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris sedan
Driver Side Rear Door Glass (Help Please)

Has anyone had experience replacing the door glass on the rear door of a Yaris Sedan? I'm looking to save some money by replacing a broken window myself instead of taking it to the shop. However after removing the interior plastic door panel and getting everything else out of the way, I can't see or figure how to detach glass from the window regulator parts? I've replaced the driver side glass once before and in that situation the glass was bolted to the window regulator. Obviously it could be unscrewed and then taken out of the door after getting it out of the tracks. Here not the case, it's like stamped onto the regulator. I'm wondering how a shop would even go about doing it if I took it there?
silverbullet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 12:23 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
I'm trying to think back to when I pulled the doors from the junk yard and I'm drawing a blank. Looking at the manual, it shows 4 bolts on the regulator for power windows, 3 for manual. There's no fasteners between the arm and the rail at the bottom of the glass, so it probably just slides off. There's a screw hidden at the top of the vertical rail between the window and the corner glass if you need to remove that rail.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 01:54 PM   #3
robertcruz
I've made a post!

Drives: audi
You can check the manuals thoroughly however the shopkeepers have experienced and trained staff to do this work perfectly.
robertcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 11:34 AM   #4
andrewgray
I've made a post!

Drives: ford
My wife owns the yaris and we got it replaced from local dealer at very affordable prices.
andrewgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 11:26 PM   #5
IndestructibleYaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
this forum is broken. I can't upload .htm or .rar files

I think I linked the service manual a long time ago. You might find it by search function
IndestructibleYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 12:17 PM   #6
kevinclark
I've made a post!

Drives: bmw
It was very annoying work for me when one of my friend told me that I can do it at home. I started doing it and left in the middle. I had to visit the local shop for fixing the rear door glass and they did it very nicely.
kevinclark is offline   Reply With Quote