Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
snarfn

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Remote starter in 08 Yaris

Hey everyone...my daughter has an 08 Yaris she wants me to install a remote starter in,ive installed maybe a dozen over the years,mainly Design Tech starters...been a few years since last one so havent kept up on newer tech stuff...question is -Is there anything special i would need to know?..she has no special key from what we can see...or an alarm...just panic button on fob..so hoping just basic wiring..if so ,anyplace i can grab wire info on this buggy.Also..any thoughts on what might be a good remote starter for this car..or just stick with Design Techs models.
snarfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The Yaris is probably one of the simplest cars to add remote start to.

Here is the thread with my remote start DIY:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24860
Old 11-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
snarfn

Thats super Scott!!...owe you nice cold beer..or 2...really..that saves me a lot of time,and make daughter very happy.!...See your in Ct..im In Ma..and damn cold weather coming..cold today.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfn View Post
Thats super Scott!!...owe you nice cold beer..or 2...really..that saves me a lot of time,and make daughter very happy.!...See your in Ct..im In Ma..and damn cold weather coming..cold today.
That's for sure. Last night I put the plow on Crashy, my snowplowing Yaris, just in case. Fortunately we just got a dusting of snow this morning.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
snarfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
That's for sure. Last night I put the plow on Crashy, my snowplowing Yaris, just in case. Fortunately we just got a dusting of snow this morning.
Thanks again Scott,install went perfect..hope you plenty of gas in Crashy..gonna need it this weekend...maybe a foot in my area,north central Ma.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfn View Post
Thanks again Scott,install went perfect..hope you plenty of gas in Crashy..gonna need it this weekend...maybe a foot in my area,north central Ma.
We're supposed to get 8"-10" here. Crashy is still running on the same gas that was left in her tank when I bought her back in 2009. She is finally down to one bar, so I am thinking that maybe by the summer she might need some.