Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2020, 06:04 PM   #1
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Project 2ZR Vios, part Deux!

It's been almost a year since I acquired project 2ZR Vios from ArmstrongRacing and I figured it's time I start documenting the continuation of his work.

I took it out for two autocross events last year, one in a parking lot and one on a road course. All I can say is that it is phenomenally fun to drive! The grip and acceleration are way beyond what I expected and there is currently a lot more capability in the car than in the driver. The level of prep on it forces it into XP--Exhibition Prepared--which is the catch-all for cars that don't meet any of the standard classes.

While I've had a blast doing AutoX for the last 8-ish years, I want more seat time. I've done a HPDE with my 2ZR HB and that was incredibly eye-opening--as well as a massive gateway drug! The current plan is to prep the car for SCCA Club racing in Super Touring Lite (STL) since it is way beyond the prep levels allowed for H Production or B Spec where Jason@Sportscar has raced (and won a national title!) for a long time. I will also be doing track days with it and maybe even a 24 Hours of Lemons or two.

TMontague has been a big inspiration as well. He's been doing track days and is at a similar level of prep, but I don't think he has plans for competitive/series racing.

So yeah, I'll be making some progress over the coming year in anticipation of getting a competition license next spring and racing in at least one regional SCCA event. I'll probably make separate threads for the major build stuff like roll cage, aero, rules compliance, etc. but at least wanted to let the community at large know what happened with it and where it's going next.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote