Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-03-2016, 06:58 PM   #1
buzzybee
I've made a post!

Drives: 2014 Yaris L
About ready to buy my first Yaris

Looking at 2014 Yaris L from Hertz Car Sales for my college age Daughter in Seattle. Need a reliable little car for her as she will be on her own with it 1,300 miles away. Heard lot's of great stuff about Yaris. Just hoping for any words of wisdom before I do the deal.
buzzybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:26 PM   #2
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
The Yaris is a very reliable car with extremely low maintenance costs. Plus, your daughter will be able to stow a lot of stuff in the hatchback when she travels.

I owned a 2007 since new and just recently replaced it with a used 2014. BTW, my 2014 is a previous rental unit, so that wasn't a concern for me. I had the car checked out at the local Toyota dealership and the evaluation came back 100% positive.

Hertz has a good "certified used" programme. Your Hertz used car salesman won't tell you this, but remember to show your AAA membership for a guaranteed $300 discount off the no haggle price.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:31 PM   #3
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
The Yaris is a simple, practical, fuel efficient, safe, reliable car. If that's what you're looking for this is the car for you (or her).
NYC-SE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:56 AM   #4
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
You heard right and you are making a wise decision! Have the car checked out before buying and I predict a successful outcome!
Old 01-07-2016, 02:06 AM   #5
Toyota149

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.3
I've been driving a Toyota Yaris for last few months, a pretty long drive test but it made me sure that I want this car above all others for many reasons. I think your daughter will find her car very comfortable, useful, cute and easy-to-get-along. The most amazing part is, my travelling expenses have reduced ever since, which makes my dad happy. However, I don't want to drive a rent car anymore. I wonder which colour to purchase. Please give your suggestions about the best Toyota Yaris colour. Thanks.
Toyota149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:40 AM   #6
obretiv

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
If your on a budget and want a reliable car, the Yaris should be one of your top option.
obretiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:42 PM   #7
edmscan

Drives: 2020 Corolla
They are great cars. Sure they may not have all the tech luxuries of higher end models .. but if you want reliable transportation then they cannot be beat.
edmscan is offline   Reply With Quote