Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-25-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
roxy84

Drives: 07 black yaris 5 speed lb
question about lb fold flat seats

i was able to check out a lb with the fold flat seats this past Sunday. dealership was closed but the hatch was unlocked. from the back it was easy to slide the seat forward and put it down flat. once those back flaps were folded forward over the gap it was a nice sized flat area.

here is my question. it seemed to go totally flat, but the seats need to slide forward pretty far (this causes the seat bottom to actually lower thus allowing the seat back to go flat). i could not determine if the drivers seat can be all the way back when the back is in flat mode. could anyone with the fold flat seats shed some light on this. the fold flat feature would not be too great if the drivers seat is then prevented from going most of the way back. im 6'1" and i think ill need the drivers seat most of the way back.

thanks for any replies.
roxy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy84 View Post
i was able to check out a lb with the fold flat seats this past Sunday. dealership was closed but the hatch was unlocked. from the back it was easy to slide the seat forward and put it down flat. once those back flaps were folded forward over the gap it was a nice sized flat area.

here is my question. it seemed to go totally flat, but the seats need to slide forward pretty far (this causes the seat bottom to actually lower thus allowing the seat back to go flat). i could not determine if the drivers seat can be all the way back when the back is in flat mode. could anyone with the fold flat seats shed some light on this. the fold flat feature would not be too great if the drivers seat is then prevented from going most of the way back. im 6'1" and i think ill need the drivers seat most of the way back.

thanks for any replies.
I doubt it. I do not however have 60/40 but I had to take my headrest off to lay the seat down. I would think the seats folded forward would take up more space. Someone else can give you a better answer.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
roxy84

Drives: 07 black yaris 5 speed lb
yeah, now that you said that, i have removed the headrests ( on non fold flat back seat) so they dont hit the back of the seat when the drivers seat was all the way back from my test drive. with the back seat slid forward on the fold flat seats, there must be no way to have the drivers sear all the way back.

true, anyone?
roxy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
Typer73
Tired of the Stars!

Drives: '07 Meteorite LB
I have the 60/40 rear seats, keep them flat all the time. Don't have to have front seat all the way back (I'm short!) but there is ROOM behind the front seats, so I'm guessing they could go all the way back.
Typer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #5
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Not sure what its like on the American models, but the Canadian RS has integrated fold-down headrests on the rear seats... when no one is sitting in the back, the headrests are slid down and level with the seat back.

Now, when I move the rear seats forward, and then fold them down flat, they just touch the back of the driver's seat. I don't have to move my chair at all, and I'm 6'. The driver's seat is definitely not all the way back (since I drive stick, I have to be closer to the wheel than if I had an auto), but a 6'1" person should be able to drive comfortably with the rear seats folded.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:28 PM   #6
tl1000s

Drives: None yet
With the back seats flat (headrests pushed in), the front seats can be moved all the way back. The top of the rear seats will touch the front seats, but the front seats can still be adjusted to a comfortable angle. In other words, no problem.
tl1000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #7
petesimac

Drives: Yaris LB
Yeah, the head-rests are different on the 60/40 seats, in that they lower nearly flush to the top of the seats; this, I'm guessing, was done so that they COULD fold all the way flat, even with the front seat pushed all the way back.
petesimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #8
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Seats go all the way back, and will recline at about 45 degree angle.....driver will never need to go that far back, and the passenger can still catch some ZZZZ's......60/40's