Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-24-2015, 06:08 AM   #1
Jabolo

Drives: Toyota Vitz 3rdGen 2011 1320CC
Question 2012 Yaris/Vitz - Changing stock HU to aftermarket HU

Hi all,

New to this forum, so forgive me if I ask stupid questions.

Having looked at the 3rd Gen forum, I couldn't find the info I wanted, so here goes:

I chose an aftermarket HU with Bluetooth etc... but when I asked the shop to install it, they looked at my stock HU (simple Toyota Radio, CD player without BT etc...) and said that because the Hazard circle overlaps on the radio section, I would need a special panel/fasci/frame that fits my car specifically.

Problem is, this fascia/frame/panel thing is around USD 70. The HU i'm buying is about USD 175 so I was not prepared to pay 70USD just for a piece of plastic to fit around the new HU. Looked it up online and saw it selling for about 50USD on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Fascia...p=mtr#shpCntId)

My question:

Do I really need this fascia/panel/frame to fit an aftermarket Head Unit into my Vitz 2011 3rd gen?

Does it make a difference if it's a single or double din HU that i'm installing? I don't think so, because the Hazard circle overlaps on the receiver panel anyway...
Aesthetic is not a priority as much as having BT, USB connection, hands-free calling etc...

Grateful if someone could enlighten me !

Thanks in advance,

J.
Jabolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:26 AM   #2
VivekM

Drives: Toyota Vitz U 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabolo View Post
Hi all,

New to this forum, so forgive me if I ask stupid questions.

Having looked at the 3rd Gen forum, I couldn't find the info I wanted, so here goes:

I chose an aftermarket HU with Bluetooth etc... but when I asked the shop to install it, they looked at my stock HU (simple Toyota Radio, CD player without BT etc...) and said that because the Hazard circle overlaps on the radio section, I would need a special panel/fasci/frame that fits my car specifically.

Problem is, this fascia/frame/panel thing is around USD 70. The HU i'm buying is about USD 175 so I was not prepared to pay 70USD just for a piece of plastic to fit around the new HU. Looked it up online and saw it selling for about 50USD on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Fascia...p=mtr#shpCntId)

My question:

Do I really need this fascia/panel/frame to fit an aftermarket Head Unit into my Vitz 2011 3rd gen?

Does it make a difference if it's a single or double din HU that i'm installing? I don't think so, because the Hazard circle overlaps on the receiver panel anyway...
Aesthetic is not a priority as much as having BT, USB connection, hands-free calling etc...

Grateful if someone could enlighten me !

Thanks in advance,

J.
I have just send you a private message. Please reply.
VivekM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:18 PM   #3
RWJC

Drives: 2014 Yaris LE hatch
I used the one out of a scion TC, worked great, plug n play with bazooka 10" added via RCA ports. very nice.
RWJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:49 AM   #4
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
Thats odd. Is that a rhd only thing? On my 3rd gen the hazard button is completely seperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:46 PM   #5
karloslatynos

Drives: 2012 Yaris TR 1.33 VVT-i Man
That panel is designed for both sides (LHD & RHD)

I've got one for sale

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-YAR.../181742514410?
karloslatynos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, 3rd gen, head unit, vitz, yaris