Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-14-2008, 01:57 AM   #1
goku87

Drives: Black HB
Question Stinger says Kinetik lies?

I remember one time a guy at an audio shop said that Kinetik batteries are shit. I dismissed this to be just opinion. Then I find this:

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/thetruth/

Maybe this is just propaganda from stinger to make people to not buy Kinetik batteries? Or is it really "the truth"...
goku87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:21 AM   #2
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
well, i would say most companies will mudsling eachother. i would start reading up on the cell composition and maybe look around the web to see what people are saying about both companies.

i really can't offer any input on competition batteries...i know a bit about non competition batteries just from what I have seen where i work...but i would guess the standard car batteries i deal with are a bit differant than competition audio cells.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
i've never had any problem with my KinetiK which handles all my electrical storage duties
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #4
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
People use all sorts of brands in SPL competitions. You'll see basically every high output/fast discharge battery maker in the business rep'd at dB Drag World finals.

Funny thing is... if you're on a budget, you're always going to see more bang for your buck by picking up 2 or three $70 walmart everstart batteries than you would by spending $180+ on a single deep cycle battery. I ran an optima blue top until I sold my car (and moved to japan)... Love it, nope, it wasn't the best battery, but it rested at 13.4v and I never had a single problem with it... It was 4 years old when I sold the car and still going strong.

Had a buddy do that kinda setup with 4 walmart bats in the spare tire well of his civic. Crazy kid... fun times with that install.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
MR. CANTON

Drives: Yaris Sedan
it all depends on what you do with it, ive installed many accesories in my car and used the optima red top but the voltage kept dropping. eventually i had to put 2 batteries and a capacitor to hold the load of the music.
but personally (not a general remark to its quality) i've had to take 3 optima batteries from 3 of my vehicles due to unreliability
MR. CANTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
goku87

Drives: Black HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by talnlnky View Post
People use all sorts of brands in SPL competitions. You'll see basically every high output/fast discharge battery maker in the business rep'd at dB Drag World finals.

Funny thing is... if you're on a budget, you're always going to see more bang for your buck by picking up 2 or three $70 walmart everstart batteries than you would by spending $180+ on a single deep cycle battery. I ran an optima blue top until I sold my car (and moved to japan)... Love it, nope, it wasn't the best battery, but it rested at 13.4v and I never had a single problem with it... It was 4 years old when I sold the car and still going strong.

Had a buddy do that kinda setup with 4 walmart bats in the spare tire well of his civic. Crazy kid... fun times with that install.
im scared to do that though. ive heard of crazy stories about batteries leaking mysterious gases that cause... DEATH.
goku87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #7
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku87 View Post
im scared to do that though. ive heard of crazy stories about batteries leaking mysterious gases that cause... DEATH.
they make battery boxes that you can vent outside of the car.

I agree tho... Sealed batteries are the way to go, no maintenance, no worries.