Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #55
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown_xa View Post

136whp on a dynojet sounds about right. A typical Dynojet reads about 12% higher than our dyno. So that's about 119.
Well we wouldn't really know unless i dynod the same day/same time on a dynojet, then your guy's dyno. However, I know what you are saying.

And most people on here who have dyno'd their blitz kit have not even reached 133whp. So you suggesting that 136whp and what i previously hit before the pulley (140whp) is common for the blitz, I don't think it is. Atleast from the evidence shown so far.

ps: I just got the meth kit installed and running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xen555 View Post
the yaris in the 14s is the yaris with corolla's engine
I know about that yaris; however, i remember reading somewhere about a yaris using nitrous that was in the low 14s or maybe even 13s? There was definately one in the states that I believe was in the 14s with just nitrous. He ended up blowing his engine on the strip. He posted a video of it somewhere on this site. He didn't want to say how he had the nitrous set up...
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #56
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
Hey, where did the O.P. go??

This looks like a pissing contest btw racers and ricers. My opinions are similar to those that race. I purchase all my cars with the intention of racing them. My yaris was mostly for the great fuel economy though, but i still have the itch. I am a firm believer that you could spend $4k to make a car fast, or $4k to make the driver fast. After that, the fast driver would have gotten more out of his investment that the one who put parts.

But we are sidestepping the point of this thread. Which is making a yaris "real fast...".
So my gatherings are that most of you like to build drag power, or atleast that's what the O.P. wanted.
I've set and broken enough goals at the 1320. You can't have both auto-x car and 1/4mi beast. So now i build and race solo cars (well we have no track since 2006).

anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #57
Blown_xa

Drives: Scion xA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Well we wouldn't really know unless i dynod the same day/same time on a dynojet, then your guy's dyno. However, I know what you are saying.

And most people on here who have dyno'd their blitz kit have not even reached 133whp. So you suggesting that 136whp and what i previously hit before the pulley (140whp) is common for the blitz, I don't think it is. Atleast from the evidence shown so far.

ps: I just got the meth kit installed and running.

I know about that yaris; however, i remember reading somewhere about a yaris using nitrous that was in the low 14s or maybe even 13s? There was definately one in the states that I believe was in the 14s with just nitrous. He ended up blowing his engine on the strip. He posted a video of it somewhere on this site. He didn't want to say how he had the nitrous set up...
sweet. Post results. What kit did you get? nozzle size? I agree with the whp numbers, it is all relative unless everyone goes to the same dyno in the same enviornment.

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #58
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
we are talking about a economy car with a $12-15k price tag
92-95 Civics were around the same price new & the are the most modified & fastest FWD around.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #59
cdydjded

YARIS2010RS: I simply stated there is a rating of 168 HP on the block This is not true, please stop saying this. You cant prove this statement. No one can. This is speculation, no one know the limits of the 1NZ.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #60
Blown_xa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
we are talking about a economy car with a $12-15k price tag
92-95 Civics were around the same price new & the are the most modified & fastest FWD around.
right on. true. I see them at the track though. They have there place in import history because they hit the tracks. Nothing is proven on the street. They can be made into great auto cross cars, track cars, and drag cars.

I wanna see Yaris' out there!!!! :)

Ptuning.com
Old 12-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #61
cdydjded

yaris2010RS: i'm sorry, but a yaris with a turbo for everyday driving is riced out. my definition of riced out is un needed upgrades not gonna lie, i didn't know there was an actual deffinition
Did you find this "actual definition" in a websters dictionary?

this is about a yaris. for me, work and back, school and back, a turbo on a yaris is a waste
This is the same thing that was said 10yrs ago about Hondas & how wrong the ignorant were

without total engine mod it can not handle anymore then (i'll even stretch the limit) 200HP, it will blow up
Upgrading the pistons & rods ONLY will let you go over 200hp with out a problem with a turbo kit

since everyone has a smart ass remark, how else would you get a stock 1.5 L to over 168 HP without rebuilding it and modding it?
A stock 1NZ with a turbo kit on 6-8lbs will make 168hp all day long

and without lots and lots of engine mods, you will never get a 1.5L over 200HP.
Sorry but your completly wrong, A good turbo kit, pistons, rods & a AEM FIC or Emanage is all you need

driving a yaris with 200HP we are gonna have to send a search party for you on the moon
the search is over, come to Miami Florida

the engine conponents are rated to 168HP, yes you could get away with 170, maybe even 180, after that, toyota has nothing to do with the failure of the engine
Once you turbo, supercharge, N2O or change the internals Toyota voids the warrenty, the power is not the determening factor
Old 12-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #62
cdydjded

Quote:
Nothing is proven on the street.
Here in MIA we used tp street race alot, so trust me, alot was proved on the street many years ago, now street racing here is a joke
Old 12-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #63
Blown_xa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
Here in MIA we used tp street race alot, so trust me, alot was proved on the street many years ago, now street racing here is a joke
Street racing is a joke, period. "Oh man last weekend some dude in a Civic with this hochie gf smoked this dude in a mustang cobra spraying a hundred shot" --------Wow. Is that how Ferarri got their name? No No trying to piss u off, just making a point.

Ptuning.com

Last edited by Blown_xa; 12-07-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:13 AM   #64
Brad D

Drives: 07 Yaris RS 3dr
We do 400whp max on a stock block B18 hondas around here.. after that its off to get sleaved. I bet the toyota would beabout the same.. but without good tuning options not many people will push it IMO
Brad D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #65
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Street racing is a joke, period. "Oh man last weekend some dude in a Civic with this hochie gf smoked this dude in a mustang cobra spraying a hundred shot" --------Wow. Is that how Ferarri got their name? No No trying to piss u off, just making a point.
That is how honda got their name though.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #66
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
okay, so i have been trying to find my source for the block rating and have so far been unsuccessful. i read it online from a toyota nut but i have no idea what the site was. as for my clame on the regal, i was also wrong, lol, it currently has 430HP and the block and set up is rated to just over 700HP (and what was said before, it is an aftermarket set up) i do stand by my clame that without rebuilding and reinforcing the internal engine components, it will blow. if you can manage to get your stock 1.5l to over 200HP without new parts, i wouldn't trust it. the way i drive with the stock 106HP, if i had anywhere close too 200HP, with the style and design of the car, yes, i would crash on the moon. as has been stated before, i also disagree with making a yaris a strip car(same with civics for that matter) a track car would be much more logical for the yaris if you were to race it. if i ever find the website again, i will post it. but as i have no supporting proof i have to take a bow. and cdydjded, for the record, pistons, rods & a AEM FIC or Emanage count as engine mods. my entire posts were based for external engine mod (no internal components changed) the car will not run over 200 HP, if you replace all the innerworkings of the engine i never see the block failing.

But till i get a hold of that website, i take a bow on the argument of the block rating being 168HP
Old 12-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #67
chongopants
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via AIM to chongopants Send a message via MSN to chongopants
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
an elise weighs 2000lbs and has 160whp stock...how fast is it? *edit is does it in 13.7s
My yaris weighs 2000lbs or less after I have lightened it, and I am at about 115whp, so what does that mean I should be at?

Last edited by chongopants; 12-11-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: corrected weight
chongopants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #68
Blown_xa

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
It is not, although im not bashing you for thinking so. Honda got known from motorcycles, and Formula 1 racing is what promoted their automoblie line up since the 1960's.

The Civic itself was found to be a good track car do to it's double wishbone suspension which was never before found on a sub compact (early models).

There is a lot a racing heritage from Honda, it's all over the net, Touring car championships, drag racing records, famous drivers. All of that is what Honda is backed by and they use racing teams to give them feedback on prototype technology. The Si is sport induced, not street racing induced.

The Civic was a prime canidate for the newer generation to get their hands on and modify because it is inexpensive and known to have a good power to weight ratio. But even before the tuner market embraced the Civic, it already had it's mark in the motorsports community, that is where it derived from. 1960's Formula 1. The only name Honda Civic made for itself on the street.... Ricer.

In order for a car to make it's mark, it has to earn respect. Streetracing is not good, people who race on the street are inherantly slow in a real racing situation, I see it all the time. There is no way to push a car's limits on the street other than punching the gas pedal for a few seconds. People who think they are fast on the street are slapped with reality when they attend a track day or autocross. Those all season tires and Megan racing / Ksport coil-overs are better off in the trash can as they find out. The quickest Civic on the street (cosidering street racing is all they know) will get smoked by a 80whp Miata on a track (considering driver races on tracks)... I see it all the time. It's very amusing.

I would love to see Garm (love his set-up) attend a time attack once at least. Im sure that will turn more heads and make a dent in history for the Yaris. More so than telling a story about some street race one weekend once upon a time... talking to the guy at the bar drinking a beer next to you.

Ptuning.com

Last edited by Blown_xa; 12-08-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #69
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
you are talking about world wide stuff. Stuff that meant little in the USA.

All the earliest import drag races were on the street. When they finally got a little popular and some respect, then they went legal. But almost all of the earliest import racers in the USA were street racers.

And they all chose the civic. The import tuner crowd gave honda the money they needed to make themselves a decent car company in the us. They might've had a world wide name, but that means nothing here.

Now you can say you dislike street racing, or that it does nothing, but that simply shows a lack of understanding of how organized it can be.

You also show a disliking for drag racing. Hate it or not, it is how the import tuning thing took flight in the usa. You cannot argue that drag racing is not a legitimate sport.

Time Attacks are completely different beasts. It would be cool to see a Yaris or two there. Man, if only i had the cash...
Old 12-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #70
Blown_xa

Never said I hated drag racing. I hit up the dragstrip myself, although it is not nearly as fun as the twisties.. Streetracing is just plain stupid. Organized? 3 beeps and punching the gas isnt organization.

I was huge into the streetracing scene in 2000=2001 and will never go back, heck most the cars that are fast won't even pass a tech inspection. I started here in the D.C. area, and then raced at Rankin Road, one of the most famous streetracing spots in the midwest. I did the streetracing thing there in Houston while I attended school (UTI). All I had was a Maxima with a 100 shot and I beat most the street cars there. It pissed a group off one night because I beat every car except one (Trans Am with 150 shot). If people think you are hiding or lying about the mods on your car it tends to stir things up, espescially when you race for $$$. I ended up getting car-jacked by gunpoint by a competitor... yeah real organized like you say. A month later I found one of the guys that jacked me in the crowd as I rolled through the races with intention on finding them. I found them, but couldnt do squat because if you throw a punch or pull out a knife or gun there... it doesnt matter why, everyone jumps you. I ended my streetracing days in 2003 in Southern California after racing a car showcased by a local performance shop, I beat it. I finally realized that streetracing was stupid and there is NOTHING to be gained from it.

You will never exceed being a streetracer. Sponsers don't aproach streetracers, they don't want to be asociated with that. When I went legit and started dragracing, then went to autocrosses, then time attacks, good things happened. I work where I work because of it, and got sponsered because of it. I never had to pay for one entrance fee or hotel expense for racing in 2007-2008.

Streetracing is for thugs and racer wanna bees.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...racing_748.htm
here is a clip of Rankin Rd.

Look how "organized "it is, people inches from cars doing 100mph, guys runs right in front of cars. I even witnessed a near fatal accident as some fool in a s10 was showboating his haudralics and decided to pull right into oncoming racers.

look how organized it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ7A3Errqso

I dont know any car manufacture who wants to be tied to that.

I can understand your point of view, a young person tends to focus on what is cool and what is in the video games, and Fast and Furious. If that helps sell Civics than cool. I have no doubt that it helped.

So now you see, I understand streetracing, more than you. I have been there and done that. Maybe you can understand where I am coming from now. I have been racing around the country, illegally and legally. So im pretty sure I understand what Im talking about, it seemed like you called me out for not having experience in the streetracing scene... so there you go my lil 1.5 buddy.

Ptuning.com

Last edited by Blown_xa; 12-09-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #71
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
HAHAHA

honda made a name in the US through STREET RACING?? thats awesome dude...
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #72
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB
Man its a Yaris, making it fast is kind of pointless, unless you auto-x or time attack....Im just doing cosmetic mods, some nitrous and making this baby slammed and looking hella flush hehe