Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-30-2020, 05:41 AM   #1
PingaPete

Drives: 2003 Vitz
JDM rs Cluster In ADM car

hello guys, ive installed a jdm analog cluster into my 2003 echo and have a few issues.
1. temp control wires dont work
2. hand break light is reversed
3.cluster sits to far in the dash
4. fuel gauge error flashes on all bars full

wondering if anyone has fixed theses issues???

photos and videos are on my google drive,
link...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...7z?usp=sharing
PingaPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:28 AM   #2
stidnam

Drives: Starlet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingaPete View Post
hello guys, ive installed a jdm analog cluster into my 2003 echo and have a few issues.
1. temp control wires dont work
2. hand break light is reversed
3.cluster sits to far in the dash
4. fuel gauge error flashes on all bars full

wondering if anyone has fixed theses issues???

photos and videos are on my google drive,
link...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...7z?usp=sharing
Have you got these brackets

Regarding your other issues - have you got the EWD for your echo and the JDM vitz? I'd first of all check whether or not you have the correct wires in each position. As an example, the GT Glanza dash is not plug and play with our ADM starlet. You have to swap wires around, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same case here.

Other things to consider are
- How does the temp gauge supply a signal to the cluster - is it straight to the cluster or via the ECU and can bus?
- How does the fuel sender supply a signal? Based on it going nuts, it doesn't even look like it's receiving a constant signal, or the computer in the cluster is going nuts because it's receiving an incorrect signal
- You mention the handbrake is reversed. Does that mean when it's released the light goes off? Or is the light on all the time? If it really is a reverse setup compared to the ADM one, you might either need to get the JDM setup or use some relays to correctly trigger the earth on that wire.
stidnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:42 AM   #3
PingaPete

thanks for getting back to me,
no i dont have the brackets shown in the image, im working on getting them atm.
hand break is reverse, so light is on when it down vise versa. with the fuel issue im not to use if its the sender unit because it doesn't go to the ecu. we can get it to show a signal when we apply come power to it but not working atm. temp lights i dont have any idea on how to get working or how they work.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:26 AM   #4
stidnam

Drives: Starlet
Bracket part numbers. Unsure if they are going to work for you - I saw someone mention cluster differences on your facebook post.

83856-5D010
83855-5D010

Could potentially be obtained through onntat if you're willing to pay DHL freight prices. There are other options as well to source them, or you could custom make them.

I'm actually wondering if the switch is different for the handbrake or whether it's the cluster...you could potentially work around it using a 5 pin relay to reverse the function if it is a simple earth switch.

*edit* - just looked up the parts catalog and the handbrake switch is the same on ADM and JDM units. So no idea what's going on there.

No idea on your fuel or temp gauges. With both EWDs it'd be pretty straight forward to diagnose.
stidnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:24 PM   #5
PingaPete

i purched the brackets last night $60 shipped so hopefully it works hahah.
its strange how some things are not working when the same part is being used