Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
enigma

Drives: Red 2005 Yaris Hatch
Yaris Turbo

Hallo everybody. New to the forums.
Maybe this is a topic that you have already discussed but I will post the question. Here is an answer from a European forum....

Answer:
Hello!

I still have my Yaris Turbo, it's a Swiss model, 400 made, the turbo kit is from TRD, and uses the d4-d intercooler. The car is assembled in Switzerland by toyota itself, and differences from the standard TS are the suspension (totally changed, sway bars too), final gear ratio, rims, front & roof spoiler, and of course lots of engine parts.

The car is VERY fast, 980kg for 150cv and 200Nm, stock 0-100km/h is claimed at 7.9s, but you must use 3rd gear.. top speed 205km/h at the rev limiter in 5th gear. It's lovely to drive, nice suspension tune up, and tons of power under accelleration for such a little car!

I just added a Blow-off valve, a panel filter and a Blitz Turbo timer.
Price in Switzerland is about 31'000Chf new (3 doors, add 1'000Chf for 5-doors).

Regards,
Jack

I have also a couple of pictures. It is not the latest model but since the engine is the same, can we get our hands on something like this?
It is a <<safer>> proposal than somebody experimenting with their own turbo.

Thanks
john
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yaturbo10241.jpg (102.4 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg yaturbo10243.jpg (147.9 KB, 250 views)
enigma is offline   Reply With Quote