Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
Floatplaneguy
floatplaneguy

Drives: Yaris 3dr
Stereo's from China

Has anyone bought a Yaris Android GPS stereo from Happyshoppinglife. out of Shenzhen China.
Floatplaneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
apmatzen

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2015 1.3VVT-i T2
When I had my 2012 Yaris, i bought one with Windows CE 6.0...and well, it works ok with GPS, but the reception on FM Radio is crap!

Don't know if that's the case with the Android ones, but somewhere they have to cut the costs with those cheap stereo's.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:37 AM   #3
yarissoho90d

Drives: toyota yaris 90d
Dont buy it, android chinese in dash goes very slow and they are crap. I have the same touch and go as apmatzen, but i have change the speakers of the car and the radio hasnīt got power to move them so intead of buying a chinese piece of shit ill buy a japanese good made one, the clarion nx404e
yarissoho90d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:20 AM   #4
apmatzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarissoho90d View Post
Dont buy it, android chinese in dash goes very slow and they are crap. I have the same touch and go as apmatzen, but i have change the speakers of the car and the radio hasnīt got power to move them so intead of buying a chinese piece of shit ill buy a japanese good made one, the clarion nx404e
Mine is only Toyota Touch 2...like no Navigation. (Extra cost for navi is 770 dollars! )

And I don't care anyways because I use my phone for navigation when I need it.

The only thing I would like are some of the apps that you can get for it.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:18 AM   #5
yarissoho90d

Drives: toyota yaris 90d
Quote:
Originally Posted by apmatzen View Post
Mine is only Toyota Touch 2...like no Navigation. (Extra cost for navi is 770 dollars! )

And I don't care anyways because I use my phone for navigation when I need it.

The only thing I would like are some of the apps that you can get for it.
Yes.. i make the error of buying the gps for 650 euros or so but nevermind it has function very good for me. The things of the apps belive me they are shit. I took a look the fist day to them and i have never see it again or downloaded any. With the clarion radio i told you i am going to buy you can connect your smartphone via hdmi and see your menu and use apps in the navigator screen..That is another thing
yarissoho90d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:21 AM   #6
apmatzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarissoho90d View Post
Yes.. i make the error of buying the gps for 650 euros or so but nevermind it has function very good for me. The things of the apps belive me they are shit. I took a look the fist day to them and i have never see it again or downloaded any. With the clarion radio i told you i am going to buy you can connect your smartphone via hdmi and see your menu and use apps in the navigator screen..That is another thing
Ok, then it's a good thing I didn't buy that option...

Oh, I see, the Clarion, it's like mirroring...I will try and look into it.

Thanks for the info.