Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-08-2021, 07:13 PM   #1
RMcG

Drives: 2008 Yaris Base Hatchback
Can anybody recommend a good seam sealer in the US?

I have had a serious water leak in the spare tire well, see my previous post if interesed. Now that the weather is warming up here in the US, I hope to try to seal various candidate leaks. Based on reading other posts, it appears that it is better to just seal as many candidate seams/leaks as possible, rather than laboriously trying to identify a particular leak or leaks with various testing methods. Pictures of possible candidate seals/leaks are attached--these pictures are not from my car, but from other posts on this forum dealing with water leaks.

A relative recommended 3M Dynatron Seam Sealer sold on Amazon and by various auto parts stores. See Amazon link here. The manufacturer, 3M, recommends that the temperature be persistently above 50 degrees for several days for the seal to cure properly (and not leak itself).

Is 3M Dynatron Seam Sealer a good choice?

Does anybody have any idea how many 12 ounce tubes of this 3M Dynatron seam sealer I might need based on looking at the pictures, knowing I want to do right and left sides?

Any other comments will be welcomed.

Thanks,

R.

ExampleLeak1a.jpg

ExampleLeak1b.jpg

ExampleLeak2a.jpg

ExampleLeak2b.jpg

Last edited by RMcG; 05-08-2021 at 07:24 PM.
RMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 12:02 PM   #2
Foxdie
I've made a post!

Drives: Prado 2015
I had a 2019 Yaris sedan. The car was amazing and feeling very good. About seam sealers, I cannot help you, because I didn't find too. For my case, I found this topic https://sealwithease.com/what-is-the...-waterproofer/ and understood that I like the waterproofer more than the sealer. That's just my opinion. But you could read it too, and you can see what's your favorite one.

Last edited by Foxdie; 09-08-2021 at 01:10 PM.
Foxdie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recommended, sealer, seam