Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-17-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
mlaverdiere

Drives: Yaris HB 2006 black
Windshield Washer indicater always on

Hi,

Three months ago, I bought a Yaris 2006 hatchback (Canada) and everything was fine until I fill the windshield washer tank (which was completely empty). Oddly, after the tank was completely filled, the in-dash windshield washer indicator lit up and it has remained on since then (after many empty/fill cycle).

This is not a big problem, but if someone knows how to solve this (or at least, how to unplug/deactivate this indicator), I would interesting to learn.

Thanks in advance for any help.
mlaverdiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
On connector D2 (the left connector on the cluster) pin 10 (white wire) is the feed through the switch in the fluid reservoir. The reservoir grounds it to turn the indicator off, so all you need to do is to snip the wire to make it go away (if you don't want to deal with fixing the sender).

The wire is the white one between the pink and orange on the bottom row in the picture.

Name:  CM - Conn D2.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  161.3 KB
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
mlaverdiere

Drives: Yaris HB 2006 black
Thanks to both of you for the input.

I may opt for the the white wire snipping.... But before, a few more questions (I'm used to do various little repairs around my car & house, but I want to do things right... and I don't want to go through a deep, lengthy, risky procedure....):

- If the sensor (sender) is seized, is there anything to do to repair it or is replacement the only option?

-How hard could it be to remove the tank to reach the sensor/sender?

-How do I reach the connector D2? (I have already dismantled part of the front panel to install a aux/mp3 adapter - Is it located nearby? - See http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...xiliary&page=2)

Again, thanks a lot for any help.
mlaverdiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
You have to remove the front bumper to get at the level sensor on the washer reservoir. I haven't had one out, but I would think that it is a simple float switch. If that is the case, fixing it may be as simple as removing the residue that is keeping it from moving.

For accessing the D2 connector, you pull the trim around the radio, and then pull the trim from around the cluster.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote