Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-24-2011, 12:31 AM   #55
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
probably changing the left driving wheel to the right side

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #56
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by USblueberry View Post
I am in a desperate situation here!!! I shipped my Yaris to Italy and in order to circulate it they ask me to modify it in order to meet European standards. This car has been circulating in Europe for more than 10 years before coming to the US so my question is: "How different can it be??????" At the dealership they could not specify what needs to be done before seen it which means that I have no idea how much is going to cost me. So I do not know if I should leave it at the port or it is worth to pay the VAT and the modifications.
Did anyone have a similar experience or any idea of what needs to be modified?
hmmm not really the place for this, but i would assume the bare minimum would be the lights/reflectors would be changed... i think US spec bumpers are actually stronger so i think they would be ok, not sure if you would have to change the driver side... seems like they have a lot of left hand drive cars running around europe... I'm really just guessing here, tho. Hopefully for your sake it's just the lights

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #57
Chuck G

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinlamothe View Post
Am I the only one who absolutely hates the interior redesign? I can't for the life of me understand why they got rid of the center console speedometer. That was one of my favourite features and to see it go, well ... let's just say I would not be getting one of these anytime soon. :P
I'm with you!
I've really become a big fan of the center mounted speedo.
Chuck G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #58
quemoto
Bout to be Boosted

Drives: '09 Yaris LB 3 Door
The center cluster is awesome and always gets looks, the rest of the interior looks like some solid upgrades but honestly the outside looks like an Aveo and those cars are in my opinion junk, I had one as a rental and hated every part of it. I thought the Yaris styling was fine all they really needed to do was add projector Headlamps and LED Tail's stock and make the foglights standard on some trim other than the S... I hate driving cars without fogs, those silly covers make me feel like a cheap ass. The microimage fog kit was at my door a week after buying the car.

1989 Toyota Pickup - The winter beast and general purpose Auto Zone runner when the Yaris is down for upgrades.
quemoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #59
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
That white one really looks pretty nice. Isn't it weird how many people hate the center mounted instruments but you almost never hear about people hating the harder to see center mounted ones on the Mini. As far as handling is concerned I drove the Fit and I much prefer the better weighted feeling from my Yaris and it handles very nice with just a TRD sway bar. It is a lot of fun driving the winding mountain passes where I live once you get a feel for the car. Much more predictable than my '07 Honda Civic coupe.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote