Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-07-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Polish and Paint Sealant

Decided to give the Yaris a bit of a spa day and treat its paint to a nice polish and seal.

I went over the car about a week ago and did tiny chip touch up and small scratch filling with an artist's brush.

I didn't use a heavy cutting compound as the scratches that are in the car are a little beyond removal but the polish rounds off the edges a bit reducing their appearance. I was actually quite surprised by how well it did hide some of the scratches.

I used a blue pad on my DA polisher and Meguiar's Ultimate Polish. Then after a good wash, rinse and dry, applied a coat of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze - my go to product for all topcoating needs.

I also did my wheels. It looks pretty good overall.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 10-08-2017 at 08:27 AM.
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Looks good, a nice cut and seal always makes a car look much better
Old 10-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #3
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
Looks good, a nice cut and seal always makes a car look much better
Thanks. It does spruce them up quite nicely. I'll layer up a few coats of the Klasse and achieve the famous three coat Klasse candy gloss. If find it really makes silver pop.

I still have to wet sand off the overspray on the lower body moulding left over from painting my sills. Once removed, I'll polish and seal them too.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote