Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-15-2017, 03:43 PM   #1
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Engine Bay Friday

My mobile carwash guy just made my engine bay look nearly cleaner than the day I bought it --for only $35.

I'm stoked on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170915_112839.jpg (179.1 KB, 135 views)

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:26 PM   #2
deng
Radical Dreamer

Drives: off of T9
It's cleaner than my '17s engine bay. Very nice!
Old 09-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
My mobile carwash guy just made my engine bay look nearly cleaner than the day I bought it --for only $35.

I'm stoked on it.
I think you just took a pic of a new engine. LOL! Joking, of course.

A frequently overlooked part of a good detailing job. That looks GREAT! You should be stoked. I usually do my engine bay a couple times a year. Despite many warnings about water entering sensitive electronics etc, I have yet to cover anything before degreasing and rinsing with water. After air drying, sometimes I'll mix up some detailer (Mothers, Armorall etc) with water in a spray bottle and mist everything. Then take an old MF towel and wipe. Makes the engine compartment look like new.

I tend to go over board - partially because I like working on cars - and have been known to removed clamps, battery retaining hardware etc, degrease and repaint bits and pieces. In fact, since I was painting my new drums anyway, I removed the 4 rusty screws that hole the engine cover on, popped them in some phosphoric acid for a bit, rinsed them, dried them off and sprayed them. Also did the battery retaining long bolt. I hate corrosion ANYWHERE!

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:41 PM   #4
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by deng View Post
It's cleaner than my '17s engine bay. Very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
I think you just took a pic of a new engine. LOL! Joking, of course.

A frequently overlooked part of a good detailing job. That looks GREAT! You should be stoked. I usually do my engine bay a couple times a year. Despite many warnings about water entering sensitive electronics etc, I have yet to cover anything before degreasing and rinsing with water...
Interestingly, my mobile detail guy did the same. He hit it with degreaser and then sprayed it down. However, he did spend a fair amount of time blowing the water out of every nook and cranny as soon as he was done rinsing. Probably not a necessary step, but I imagine it reduced the small chance of water getting somewhere it shouldn't. Like you, he also talked about touching all the rubber and plastic bits with some protective product, as a last step.

Took the car out for a good run today and all is well

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:31 PM   #5
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE

yea it does look nice
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote