Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-03-2019, 04:09 PM   #505
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegamer View Post
In future videos make sure to point out that you're in Mexico.
Haha. Will do. I rarely drive like that - at least that fast - though I do accelerate hard. It was sort of a onetime deal to show you fellas what the car is capable of.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 12-03-2019 at 05:23 PM.
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:46 PM   #506
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
- though I do accelerate hard. It was sort of a onetime deal to show you fellas what the car is capable of.
Weekly occurence for me. I'm in Mexico weekly.....

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:58 PM   #507
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstyota View Post
Weekly occurence for me. I'm in Mexico weekly.....
Haha, yeah. But you're probably smart enough not to post it on YouTube. Lol. I want to switch it back to public, but it would be just my luck to get nailed.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 12-03-2019, 10:24 PM   #508
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
Quote:
Haha, yeah. But you're probably smart enough not to post it on YouTube. Lol. I want to switch it back to public, but it would be just my luck to get nailed.
No I wouldn't post it. But I will say I've hit 200 in the 2zr..... in Mexico.

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #509
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Man, you have built such a clean car. Swap, turbo, sure, but there's so much more there than that. I really appreciate it and it looks like an absolute riot to drive. Hat's off to you.

As for posting publicly on YouTube, there are high profile automotive channels with literally millions of followers that break the speed limit in nearly every video. Safe than sorry is usually my motto but I just can't imagine anything bad would come of it. The chances are slim to none, imho.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:05 PM   #510
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
As for posting publicly on YouTube, there are high profile automotive channels with literally millions of followers that break the speed limit in nearly every video. Safe than sorry is usually my motto but I just can't imagine anything bad would come of it. The chances are slim to none, imho.
Don't be so sure. A couple of years ago someone posted a video of himself speeding around the circumference of Manhattan. He lapped the entire island in 24 minutes, so of course he had to brag about it on the net. Well the NYPD didn't like that and managed to track him down and arrest him. Lesson to be learned, "Don't confess to crimes on the internet."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_4ghLXaEVM

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/07/n...manhattan.html

Last edited by NYC-SE; 12-04-2019 at 03:12 PM.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #511
06YarisRS

Thanks gents for the opinions. I guess the only true and guaranteed approach would be to remove the video even if the risks are minimal. Unfortunately there are no race tracks closeby at which I could take a video to share.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:26 PM   #512
ern-diz

I don't think we're talking apples to apples with that NYC video. Even if it were, to the contrary, I can post a list of links to extremely popular automotive YouTube channels (millions of subscribers and even more views) that regularly show the speedo going well over 55 --where nothing has come of it.

Again, I'm usually the safe over sorry guy and agree with you both that the only guaranteed approach would be to remove it, but if we are going to talk real-world odds, I just can't fathom anything serious coming from posting a little backwoods hoon vid. You didn't tag the video to your city, your local law enforcement probably aren't as keen to domestic surveillance as the state agents of the NYPD and this video won't be nearly as high profile.

Either way, I've seen the video so I'm a happy camper lol.

On Wheelwell
Old 12-05-2019, 06:53 PM   #513
06YarisRS

Quote:
I don't think we're talking apples to apples with that NYC video. Even if it were, to the contrary, I can post a list of links to extremely popular automotive YouTube channels (millions of subscribers and even more views) that regularly show the speedo going well over 55 --where nothing has come of it.

Again, I'm usually the safe over sorry guy and agree with you both that the only guaranteed approach would be to remove it, but if we are going to talk real-world odds, I just can't fathom anything serious coming from posting a little backwoods hoon vid. You didn't tag the video to your city, your local law enforcement probably aren't as keen to domestic surveillance as the state agents of the NYPD and this video won't be nearly as high profile.

Either way, I've seen the video so I'm a happy camper lol.
Haha, well we're definitely not talking "Big Apple(s)" here. Sorry, couldn't help myself. I think you are right, ern-diz, that it's unlikely anything would come of it. I think I'll leave it unlisted but still available through the forums. Down the road a bit, I may make it public again. I read your response to my wife and we both roared at the "backwoods hoon vid" phrase. So apropos.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:04 AM   #514
ern-diz

Quote:
Haha, well we're definitely not talking "Big Apple(s)" here. Sorry, couldn't help myself. I think you are right, ern-diz, that it's unlikely anything would come of it. I think I'll leave it unlisted but still available through the forums. Down the road a bit, I may make it public again. I read your response to my wife and we both roared at the "backwoods hoon vid" phrase. So apropos.

On Wheelwell
Old 12-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #515
ern-diz

Just like when you buy a new car and start to see them everywhere, I hopped on Instagram this morning and here's what a fellow Yaris owner just posted most recently...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ziDp2i...=1l8cpm8hn5e1b

Talk about confessing to crimes online!

PSA: I know many of you aren't open to platforms outside of our beloved forum but I follow about 1400 people on Instagram, mostly Yaris owners. Individuals and big clubs from all over the world. Far more active owners there than here so If you're looking for more Yaris in your life and don't want to deal with all that is Facebook, I suggest giving the Gram a look-see.

Apologies for the thread derailment, now back to your regularly scheduled lovely boosted and swapped Yaris...

On Wheelwell
Old 12-08-2019, 09:35 PM   #516
06YarisRS

Quote:
Just like when you buy a new car and start to see them everywhere, I hopped on Instagram this morning and here's what a fellow Yaris owner just posted most recently...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ziDp2i...=1l8cpm8hn5e1b

Talk about confessing to crimes online!

PSA: I know many of you aren't open to platforms outside of our beloved forum but I follow about 1400 people on Instagram, mostly Yaris owners. Individuals and big clubs from all over the world. Far more active owners there than here so If you're looking for more Yaris in your life and don't want to deal with all that is Facebook, I suggest giving the Gram a look-see.

Apologies for the thread derailment, now back to your regularly scheduled lovely boosted and swapped Yaris...
Checked out the link. Thanks.
I created an Instagram profile. I am just as inept with Instagram as I am with YouTube. Haha. I just can't take the time be become polished on those platforms.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B50b2YkA...=1cor89uzrs8ck

Old 12-09-2019, 08:47 AM   #517
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
I just followed you.

This is me
Old 12-09-2019, 09:45 AM   #518
06YarisRS

Quote:
I just followed you.

This is me
Awesome. New name for you: "Bierliebhaber_ Leegamer". Haha. Didn't have time to check it out, but will later. Prost!

Old 12-09-2019, 10:13 AM   #519
Leegamer

Quote:
Awesome. New name for you: "Bierliebhaber_ Leegamer". Haha. Didn't have time to check it out, but will later. Prost!
Lol! I dig it. I need to update my username. I haven't really been into gaming for like 15 years, but it's easy to remember
Old 12-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #520
ern-diz

I followed and shared your engine picture post to my stories, which get a couple hundred views on average. I've gotten quite a few responses, including one from @2zr_nb, who said he lives 2 hrs from you and really needs to see it lol.

I knew you'd be a hit --and well deserved.

On Wheelwell
Old 12-11-2019, 01:22 PM   #521
Leegamer

Quote:
I followed and shared your engine picture post to my stories, which get a couple hundred views on average. I've gotten quite a few responses, including one from @2zr_nb, who said he lives 2 hrs from you and really needs to see it lol.

I knew you'd be a hit --and well deserved.
That's pretty awesome. I just recently figured out what stories are, lol.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:38 PM   #522
ern-diz

Quote:
That's pretty awesome. I just recently figured out what stories are, lol.
How about IGTV?

On Wheelwell