Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-06-2023, 03:47 PM   #1
Langster

Drives: 2017 Yaris LE
Car scanner software

So the other day I started the car (2017 LE) and afterwards I noticed the check engine light was on. The car started and ran fine and after checking oil and fluids I attributed it to the cold damp (1 Dec C, rain) weather. After a number of trips the light went out later in the day and hasn’t lit up after several days of driving.
After thinking about the money I paid to the garage the last time I wanted a fault code checked I decided to buy a Bluetooth OBD2 device and downloaded the free version of Car Scanner on my IPad. So after some messing about I got it to work.
When I set up the free software I set the car connection profile for 2016 OBD II/EOBD +AT as it listed a lot of 2016/2017 models ( not Yaris specifically though) and I assume it’s more complete than the basic OBD II/ EOBD as this is the basic sensor only option.
So I’m thinking about clearing the error codes to see if this fault pops up again but the software gives a solemn warning about making sure you have the correct connection profile as it could have negative consequences if the wrong profile is set up.
Anyone have experience with the free Car Scanner software and correct connection profile?
Langster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 05:13 PM   #2
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
ive been using "obdlink" for 10 years now...and wont use anything else

the only other one ive seen "reasonable" results out of was i think "torque"
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote