Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #73
Speedz
Will work for Yaris...

Drives: Yaris
I totally agree !!!

My car also currently suffering from irritating rattle at the back...

Still yet to be determine where the noise are coming from...
Old 03-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #74
AutoTech1

Drives: None yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar_Yaris
The Yaris is priced above the competitors in its class. Even a Cobalt, Accent...doesn't make that kind of noise...well, I'm just comparing orange to orange. I work for a rental car company and I drove a lot of inexpensive cars. You don't need to expect less from an expensive car.
I'm sorry, but for someone who works for a car rental company that's all you do... You work for a car rental company... You obviously don't know much about cars. And if you're talking about some other country, I'm talking about the ones that are coming to the USDM... So you probably aren't following what I'm saying correctly.

Last edited by AutoTech1; 03-04-2006 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #75
AutoTech1

Quote:
Originally Posted by as400g33k
I am in reality. I expect to get what I paid for, nothing less. If I paid for a product, I expect the product to be free from defects or faults and to contain the features that was advertised for it. In short, I expect a fair trade.

I'm confused though. If there are squeeks, rattles or noises from your brand new car that you find out that is not on other brand new cars of the same make and brand, isn't there obviously something wrong with it? Maybe a fault or a defect? Shouldn't you complain? Or should you just bear it and suffer it for its entire life and be not satisfied with it when others are?

Since you are fond of examples, how about this: Say you bought a no-name brand widescreen plasma tv worth about $2000 from K-Mart and found there is a permanent horizontal white line across the screen. When you tried to return it, they tell you: 'Sorry we can't replace it since its a no-name cheap brand. You should expect defects on its since it is cheap. If you wanted something without defects, you should've bought a Sony or a Pioneer.'

I wonder what you will do...
I don't quite understand if you're agreeing with me or against me... What I'm saying is this though:

OK. Let's say you have two game systems... Both are handheld. One is a poker game that cost lets say three bucks. This stands for the Yaris. The other handheld system is the PSP starting at 249.00. This stands for a Lexus. Which one do you think is better? Hmmmm? Which one will satisfy you more? Which one do you think will last longer (not including if you dropped it). There goes my point that I'm trying to get across. If you pay 10k for a car, it's going to be cheaper. And cheaper means rattles... Not as good materials... There ya go.

Last edited by AutoTech1; 03-04-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:44 PM   #76
AutoTech1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
I am in B.C.,Canada(see left) and I have paid more than 20k(Canadian) for my car(I have optional features on it). In the first few sentences of my post which you have quoted, I already said that I would accept a little rattle or harshness. However, if after checking out with fellow Yaris owners, I find out that I am the only sufferer of a particular problem, I will liaise with the dealership to see if the problem can be fixed. That stand should probably also be many fellow members' bottom line and is very reasonable, and that is one of the reasons why so many of us join this forum.
Although disagreement is not always a bad thing, we are in fact not in any big disagreement.
Yes. I totally understand you. It's just ridiculous... It's kind of like beating a dead horse. It's not going anywhere. People always want more and want to pay less, like here for example... That doesn't happen, and that's the point I'm trying to get across. Expect some rattles is all I'm saying. If you really don't want to worry about rattles, go buy a 40 thousand dollar car and stop the damn complaining.

Last edited by AutoTech1; 03-04-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #77
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Wow, you have problems.

NO brand new car should have ANY rattles or squeaks or noises.

Car manufacturers spend hundreds of millions developing new models, they do not want there brand new state of the art vehicles making noises they should not.

The Yaris is a brand new model in every sense of the word. If there is any squeaks or rattles there is a problem.

If you want to buy a low quality car, go buy a chinese one. When I buy a Toyota I expect a high quality car no matter what the price point is.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:19 PM   #78
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTech1
Yes. I totally understand you. It's just ridiculous... It's kind of like beating a dead horse. It's not going anywhere. People always want more and want to pay less, like here for example... That doesn't happen, and that's the point I'm trying to get across. Expect some rattles is all I'm saying. If you really don't want to worry about rattles, go buy a 40 thousand dollar car and stop the damn complaining.
You have made your point and I fully respect your view as well as your right to express it. On this board, all are welcome to express themselves as long as they follow the rules and are friendly and polite to fellow members. Right adminstrators?.
I am not the one who complains about rattles. My car does rattle a little(literally a little) but I think I can put up with that. I, along with some fellow members, have been dicussing with a certain member who had found some rattles on his car which he thought could be abnormal. We are all very civilized and friendly people. We are just rationally dicussing what to do in case we hear some apparently abnormal rattles. Doing nothing is an option but it is up to the member who is having the problem. While friendly suggestions are welcome, here, no one is superior to the others and no one is entitled to tell people what to and what not to do, so I personally have not attempted to do that. Right adminstrators? Since the cars are so new and still under warranty, it is normal and totally acceptable for members to check it out if there is any remedy available.
As for buying a 40k car, I do have bought a Mercedes E-320 4-matic(that has effectively become my second Mercedes) and I am enjoying it. Though it has been heard rattling sometimes, I have been very reasonable in my dealings with the dealership which sold me my car. No car can be completely free from rattles anyway and it would be naive for me even to think that expansive cars do not rattle at all. I have travelled in my friends' Lexus top models and I have heard them rattling in some situations. So, it is only whether it is reasonable under the circumstances when cars are heard to be rattling.

Last edited by swng; 03-05-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #79
swng

Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
Wow, you have problems.

Car manufacturers spend hundreds of millions developing new models, they do not want there brand new state of the art vehicles making noises they should not.

The Yaris is a brand new model in every sense of the word. If there is any squeaks or rattles there is a problem.

If you want to buy a low quality car, go buy a chinese one. When I buy a Toyota I expect a high quality car no matter what the price point is.
Why?, I enjoy reading your posts though I may not agree with you 100% e.g. under the thread for air bags. Views can be correct or incorrect but it is your rational thinking and untiring research that I admire. Let's carry on our discussions with our friendly and unoffensive tradition.

Last edited by swng; 03-05-2006 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:41 PM   #80
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
I'm sorry, but for someone who works for a car rental company that's all you do... You work for a car rental company... You obviously don't know much about cars. And if you're talking about some other country, I'm talking about the ones that are coming to the USDM... So you probably aren't following what I'm saying correctly.
Easy buddy. Don't offend people. This is just a place to discuss things. This guy could own the rental car company for all you know and his other car could be a BMW. I personally could have afforded more, but the Yaris was what I decided to buy now.

I still stand by my comments that the Yaris is a very solid car, not a cheap "$3 game". I don't agree that ANYONE purchasing a brand new car, be it $15,000 or 150,000, should put up with a problem if it's obvious that it SHOULD NOT rattle. Some members have cars that are making more noise than they should. Most here agree. My car doesn't rattle at all. I took other cars for a test drive before I picked up mine and these didn't have rattles either.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:42 PM   #81
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
Wow, you have problems.

I agree 110% with you on this one.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #82
swng

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcove
Easy buddy. Don't offend people. This is just a place to discuss things. This guy could own the rental car company for all you know and his other car could be a BMW. I personally could have afforded more, but the Yaris was what I decided to buy now.

I still stand by my comments that the Yaris is a very solid car, not a cheap "$3 game". I don't agree that ANYONE purchasing a brand new car, be it $15,000 or 150,000, should put up with a problem if it's obvious that it SHOULD NOT rattle. Some members have cars that are making more noise than they should. Most here agree. My car doesn't rattle at all. I took other cars for a test drive before I picked up mine and these didn't have rattles either.
And I agree with you!
Old 03-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #83
yariman
Speed Wrenchin'

Drives: 2006 Yaris 3 door, Bayou Blue
WOW!!
Old 03-05-2006, 08:36 AM   #84
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
rofl.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #85
AutoTech1

Quote:
Wow, you have problems.

No. You're wrong. If anyone has a problem, it is definitely you. You have no clue about the word value. But like I said it's no use for me to explain to you, because it's like me beating a dead horse... It still goes no where.

Why don't you grow up and get a life.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #86
AutoTech1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcove

I wasn't implying that the yaris is cheap. I was using the 3 bucks to show how different it is from 249 bucks. That's a big difference, isn't it?

And even if the car is brand new, and it's an 11,000 thousand dollars, I'd still feel safe to say that it's bound to have rattles, whether it's at the beginning of ownership or miles down the road... As for 150,000... It should have no rattles what so ever, but even then, those cars tend to have tiny rattles that you may not notice until you continue to own the vehicle. Cars these days are made of cheaper materials. So what do you expect? Anyone who can't understand that, just shouldn't buy a car. I know we all want to "baby" our cars, but face it already. You can't stop the rattles...
Old 03-05-2006, 04:40 PM   #87
AutoTech1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
You have made your point and I fully respect your view as well as your right to express it. On this board, all are welcome to express themselves as long as they follow the rules and are friendly and polite to fellow members. Right adminstrators?.
I am not the one who complains about rattles. My car does rattle a little(literally a little) but I think I can put up with that. I, along with some fellow members, have been dicussing with a certain member who had found some rattles on his car which he thought could be abnormal. We are all very civilized and friendly people. We are just rationally dicussing what to do in case we hear some apparently abnormal rattles. Doing nothing is an option but it is up to the member who is having the problem. While friendly suggestions are welcome, here, no one is superior to the others and no one is entitled to tell people what to and what not to do, so I personally have not attempted to do that. Right adminstrators? Since the cars are so new and still under warranty, it is normal and totally acceptable for members to check it out if there is any remedy available.
As for buying a 40k car, I do have bought a Mercedes E-320 4-matic(that has effectively become my second Mercedes) and I am enjoying it. Though it has been heard rattling sometimes, I have been very reasonable in my dealings with the dealership which sold me my car. No car can be completely free from rattles anyway and it would be naive for me even to think that expansive cars do not rattle at all. I have travelled in my friends' Lexus top models and I have heard them rattling in some situations. So, it is only whether it is reasonable under the circumstances when cars are heard to be rattling.
Now. I will admit you are someone who is 100% correct. I agree with you whole heartedly.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #88
swng

Friends, may be the issue is how we approach the problem. If rattles are difficult enough to notice and are not heard often under day to day use, I will call it practically non-existent. This should happen with new and well maintained expansive cars. However, if there are rattles that seem to suggest that something is wrong with the car somewhere e.g. suspension, I will suggest to deal with that, at least for safety. With that in mind may be I can agree with everbody here.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #89
swng

Quote:
Now. I will admit you are someone who is 100% correct. I agree with you whole heartedly.
How can I thank you? We are all members trying to help one another and everybody's input, including of course yours, should be valuable.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #90
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Just found out that the high mount brakelight bracket is not fastened tightly, and that's why when I was driving the car, there are always some little rattling noise coming from the back. It only happens occasionally, but it's annoying. haha! So you might want to check to see if your bracket is mounted tightly or not.

If not because I sit at the back for one trip to see how it's like back there, I won't be able to find out where the noise come from. I always thought it was those tools in the trunk or those heat shield thing around the exhaust.

Will try to bring the car to the dealer this week and ask them to fix this. As well as the rattling when in reverse, anyone else beside Polar Yaris got their vehicle fixed on the rattling in engine bay??
Closed Thread