Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-08-2007, 06:47 AM   #1
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
Who's your Daddy :)

http://www.hightach.com/vb/showthrea...&threadid=6563
HTM Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #2
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Drives: Willow is a '07 Red Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to death is my gift Send a message via MSN to death is my gift Send a message via Yahoo to death is my gift
hahaha, that's fantastic! those "muscle" cars annoy me. no wait, i take it back...it's the meatheads driving the muscle cars that annoy me. not all though, cuz back in the day my sister had a bad ass z28.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:52 AM   #3
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
That's one very nice Yaris!
What was the ticket price on this baby?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:25 AM   #4

Drives: 07 yaris
that road look s like so much fun
Old 06-08-2007, 10:22 AM   #5
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Hey HTM, quit raggin on the 'stang! Must be from overseas, or a new driver--still figuring out which side of double yellow line he's supposed to be on...
Old 06-09-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
Mr.Yaris

Drives: 2007 "Flint Mica" S-Type
Is that a GT or a V6 base model? Sorry, a Yaris has the potential for being "quick", but even with a turbo and all the "bells and whistles", there's no way it can contend with something with twice the cylinders, triple the horsepower, and only 1000 lbs. heavier. Sorry to burst your bubble, that's wishful thinking. The Yaris could possibly have a chance against a V6 Mustang, as it's only got 210 hp with the same weight as it's more powerful sibling, the Mustang GT. Even IF it could hang with a STOCK Mustang/Camaro/Charger/etc., If those guys had modified their "muscle car" at all, you can forget it. The Yaris would be nothing more than a speck in the rearview (actually, with how small it is, it already is!).

Don't get me wrong, I love my Yaris, and my wife loves hers; They're great cars, heck we bought TWO of them, but they're good for ECONOMY. These cars make excellent commuter and "everyday" cars. My wife and I, however, also have our "toys", but they're nothing close to a "Yaris". I'm driving my high 11-second Camaro Z28, and my wife's toy is a mid 12-second Ram Air Trans Am WS6. A little Yaris will never see quarter mile times or top speeds to rival HIGH-PERFORMANCE V8s. Anyone that thinks otherwise is completely delusional. BTW, my Camaro and my wife's Trans Am both are naturally-aspriated (for now). Let's see a Yaris even come close to matching those cars' power outputs...

There are three areas that the Yaris will beat a muscle car- one is it's gas mileage; two, it has a lot of storage space (especially for its size); and three, the other is it's incredible small turning radius. There are three ways to make a Yaris "fast". The first is, strap it in front of a faster car, drop it out of a plane, or put in a larger engine. Good luck on the first and the second, and if you went with the third, you'd wind up sacrificing your gas mileage. If I'm gonna go "hot-rod" around in a car that eats gas, I'd rather it be something that's sexy AND fast. Although I'm married now, I can tell you single guys, if a Yaris and a Mustang/Camaro/Vette/Viper/etc. pulled up next to you at a stoplight, honestly, who do you think the girls are going to pay attention to? Don't kid yourself...
Old 06-09-2007, 09:14 AM   #7
Mr.Yaris

Drives: 2007 "Flint Mica" S-Type
Quote:
Originally Posted by death is my gift View Post
hahaha, that's fantastic! those "muscle" cars annoy me. no wait, i take it back...it's the meatheads driving the muscle cars that annoy me. not all though, cuz back in the day my sister had a bad ass z28.
Are you kidding me? Muscle cars annoy you? A V8 with a good exhaust setup is "pants-tingling" sexy. Some little four-banger with a fart-cannon on the back is nothing short of annoying. Nothing more irritating than hearing someone driving a slow car around that sounds like a cross between a weed-whacker and a swarm of angry bees stuck in the tailpipe, with a megaphone at the end of it to amplify the horrible sound. What's also "annoying" is those people who think their little 4-cylinder "econobox" is a performance vehicle, revving their engine at "muscle cars" at every stoplight.

As far as the meatheads comment, both my wife and I have our own "muscle cars". So because my wife drives a Trans Am (on the weekends), that makes her a meathead? Did you have an a$$hole ex-boyfriend or two that made you bitter towards these cars? Seriously...
Old 06-09-2007, 09:33 PM   #8
paradigm
o.O

Drives: 8
To each their own. Ricers extend into the muscle car click too.
paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:48 AM   #9
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
First of all . You can tell by the headlights that is a GT model . Only one way to settle this . Bring your car ( and your wife's)to the dragon . If you pull more than 5 cars in front of me ,(or I will give you a 30 sec. headstart 1 min for your wife) I'll pay for your trip . I'll concede the drag race b/c I know any monkey can drive in a straight line . Like my friend says "straight roads are for are for fast cars , Curvy roads are for fast drivers"

As far as the girls at the stoplight thingy . Girls are smarter nowadays . They would choose the guy in the Yaris b/c they(girls) know he is not trying to compensate for something he doesn't have and , he has more money to blow on the girls . That mustang's owners girlfriend sure did like my car , when they finally caught up to me . Yes , I passed that GT b/c I out braked him and passed him on the INSIDE of a righthand turn .

But if ya wanna drag race I can pull this car out of retirement . Its a four banger ......a 9 sec 4 banger
Attached Images

Last edited by HTM Yaris; 06-12-2007 at 01:26 AM.
HTM Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:38 AM   #10
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
This guy. passing up every car that challenges him on the dragon. I like that attitude. And you have an evo (favorite car) Props to you man. I'll hafta check out Woodside in my area one day.