Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2021, 05:45 PM   #1
fred317

Drives: Yaris Sedan
2007 Yaris Issues

I went to look at a 2007 Yaris sedan today to replace my rusted out 2002 echo. Some things I noticed were 1.When I took the coolant cap off I couldn't see any coolant and the overflow bottle didn't look like it had any coolant in it either.2. at start up it seemed to run rough for a second or 2 then seemed to smooth out.3. when revving it up I noticed that a little white smoke seemed to come out of the tail pipe not bad but I noticed it(was cold condensation)? Car has been parked and sitting. Are these prone to head gasket failures? It was making a noise going down the road owner said it was the tires which need replaced but not sure about that. Transmission fluid seemed a little dark but didn't smell burnt and shifted just fine. Oil was full not milky oil cap had no froth. Maintenance needed light was on but just needs to be reset probably. Pretty clean underneath except for where the rear axle bar meets the inner rocker area rusted through there outer rockers are clean. (I had my echo fixed on both sides similar repair) Car has 178000 miles on it he wants 2800 went down to 1500 so far. Might be worth putting a little money into now that car prices are going nuts. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by fred317; 09-10-2021 at 06:36 PM.
fred317 is offline   Reply With Quote