Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
toyswift
I've made a post!

Drives: '06 5-door Yaris
parking lot "modification"

Crushed in the following panel on an '06 Yaris. No contact with the doors etc.

Seems like the panel doesn't seperate for the entire length through the rear 1/4 and up around the top of the doors again, kinda HATING Toyota for that brilliant design but nothing I can do...

Is it even practical cost wise to replace this? I can turn a wrench pretty good and auto wrecking is what I do but how integral is this panel? It looks like a bitch of a job just to replace the tiny bottom section of the panel.

Is it possible to replace simply the bottom length without going as far as cutting patching and repainting?

Anybody care to estimate what this could cost? I might be able to find body panels locally but odds aren't good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DOH.jpg (8.3 KB, 271 views)
toyswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
earljail

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch 5speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyswift View Post
Crushed in the following panel on an '06 Yaris. No contact with the doors etc.

Seems like the panel doesn't seperate for the entire length through the rear 1/4 and up around the top of the doors again, kinda HATING Toyota for that brilliant design but nothing I can do...

Is it even practical cost wise to replace this? I can turn a wrench pretty good and auto wrecking is what I do but how integral is this panel? It looks like a bitch of a job just to replace the tiny bottom section of the panel.

Is it possible to replace simply the bottom length without going as far as cutting patching and repainting?

Anybody care to estimate what this could cost? I might be able to find body panels locally but odds aren't good.
That's not easily replaceable. The autobody place would need to use a slide hammer, which entails drilling holes which would mean patching and painting afterwards.

I dented mine in the rocker panel as well but toward the rear. I was backing up, and I backed over a log! I'd only had the Yaris for a couple weeks. It's not noticable on mine unless you know where to look so I didn't get it fixed.
earljail is offline   Reply With Quote