Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-09-2006, 08:33 AM   #19
Macel

Drives: Yaris 5spd Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
Can't help with finance rates, I paid cash.

I was able to get $249 off, which means I paid $557 US above invoice. That is a good deal on a just released vehicle.

Getting anything off of MSRP is an achievement.
Just got an offer for about $500 off MSRP on a sedan w/ convenience package.
Macel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #20
bikergal

Drives: Tacoma 4x4
How did you do it Macel? Give me the secret because so far over the phone 3 dealerships said no way, sticker price only. I am wondering if I go in person they will change there mind. What about if you ask them for a LB fully loaded Stick? See what they say...

*Edited to add one of the dealerships is where I bought my truck* So if they can't help me I am S.O.L
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:24 AM   #21
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
From the sounds of previous posts on several threads, fully loaded LB 5-speeds are in pretty short supply south of the border (Canadian, not U.S. border I mean). If that is the case getting any deal is unlikely, unless you have a long term relationship with the dealer. I bought 4 cars in a row from the same Acura Dealer, and got tremendous deals on the last 2. When I thought about switching to a Honda Fit, the Honda sales person was like full list, no interest rate incentives, no freebies to sweeten the deal ....... "We'll just sell it to the next guy!"
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:27 AM   #22
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
Oh I should add, the Toyota dealer did try extra hard to get me a better deal because he felt he was "stealing" a customer from Honda. Nothing big just some minor incentives on my lease.
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #23
Macel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal
How did you do it Macel? Give me the secret because so far over the phone 3 dealerships said no way, sticker price only. I am wondering if I go in person they will change there mind. What about if you ask them for a LB fully loaded Stick? See what they say...

*Edited to add one of the dealerships is where I bought my truck* So if they can't help me I am S.O.L
Balise Toyota up in Springfield MA was actually listing an automatic sedan at 700 under MSRP online. I dont know why.

Generally, you get better deals online than you do if you call them up or pay a visit to the sharks nest.

What I did was email all of the local dealerships' internet sales depts. and said, first one to give me the same deal as the one offered by Balise gets my business. I got an email from Middletown Toyota in about 2 days with the sale price on a standard transmission sedan, convenience and all weather packages at 12,995 (MSRP 13473 or something like that). Couple hundred dollars off, but close enough.

These salespeople tend to 'forget' their offers, so if you get one like that, make sure to store it in your records and bring it in with you when you go to talk to them.

That's not even half the battle for me though as I have to get a fair price on a trade-in, and that's where the dealerships love to screw people the most.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:46 PM   #24
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
lol, no kidding.

I didn't even bother arguing price on a trade in they were so far off.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #25
bikergal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macel

What I did was email all of the local dealerships' internet sales depts. and said, first one to give me the same deal as the one offered by Balise gets my business. I got an email from Middletown Toyota in about 2 days with the sale price on a standard transmission sedan, convenience and all weather packages at 12,995 (MSRP 13473 or something like that). Couple hundred dollars off, but close enough.
I sent you a PM in reference to this post
Old 05-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #26
Macel

Well, the dealer that offered $12,995 for the $13,475 MSRP sedan w/ convenience package and all weather package wanted to pay $2,500 for my 2001 Hyundai Tiburon w/ 60,000 miles in 'fair' condition, which has a bluebook trade in value of about $4,300. I immediately told them that I was looking for twice that amount. They immediately offered $3,500 but wouldn't go above that, so I said 'goodbye'.

I went over to another dealer, told them them that one dealer offered me $4,200 for a trade in, but I couldn't accept that... and when pricing the Yaris came up, I told them another dealer offered me $500 under MSRP, and asked if they could match that... This dealer offered me $4,500 for the Tiburon and matched the $12,995 cost for the new yaris sedan. They then went on to offer me a Yaris Sedan with the power package, all weather package and floor mats for $700 under MSRP. I opted not to go for that. To be honest, I prefer the manual rollup windows - the yaris ones are easy to use, and its one less expensive thing that can break. Everything else, besides the ABS, is just fluff... The price tag with the power package and floor mats is $700 higher... $700 for ABS... Nahhh.. (I know Im being a bit hypocritical here, since I argued so vehemently for ABS in other threads...)

Anyhoo, I got an email from the dealer who tried to give me $2,500 for the tiburon earlier today, they matched the $4,200 offer that another dealer made... I just responded to them, saying "sorry, this dealer just offered me $4,500 for my tiburon".. So hopefully I can get them to start bidding against each other now.

This is kinda fun...
Old 05-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #27
bikergal

Oh yes... I did the same thing with my truck. I made them bid against each other It actually worked in my favor and I am afraid that is what I am going to have to do this time around also. I don't have a trade in so that is one less headache.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:42 AM   #28
Macel

One thing I noticed is that their internet sales managers are often NOT salespeople. It's much easier to talk them down/get them on your side than it is to do so with a floor salesperson. Im guessing that they are not payed by commission. Usually, when you meet them at the dealer, they hand you right over to a floor salesperson.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:18 AM   #29
pennystocks

Drives: 07 Civic Si Coupe(Black Pearl)
Oh, so i'm gonna be the one here w/ the highest rate. Well, try not to crap your pants, but 17.5%. Feel free to open a window and just scream OMG HOLY SHIT 17%. My first car loan, no credit, no co signer, $15,000. I know i can get a better rate after like 6 months of ontime payments, hopfully... :(
pennystocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:38 AM   #30
bikergal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennystocks
Oh, so i'm gonna be the one here w/ the highest rate. Well, try not to crap your pants, but 17.5%. Feel free to open a window and just scream OMG HOLY SHIT 17%. My first car loan, no credit, no co signer, $15,000. I know i can get a better rate after like 6 months of ontime payments, hopfully... :(

Holy S*hit 17.5%

When I got my first new car I didn't have much credit or a co-signer and I got a 9.5% loan all on my own. Try and get that finance rate lower at all costs. I wouldn't have bought the car for that rate. NO WAY Couldn't you find someone to co-sign for you?

*Picks jaw up off floor*
Old 05-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #31
pennystocks

Drives: 07 Civic Si Coupe(Black Pearl)
Well i owe some money to SBC, thats probaly what did it with that being the only thing on my report. Even w/ the high rate 350$ a month still aint too bad.
pennystocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:07 AM   #32
neatnick79

Drives: '07 Yaris LB Absolutely Red
Finance Rate...

Hi Guys... In March, when I bought my liftback, I got a loan through Toyota Financial for 5.95%. Not too bad, I think.
neatnick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:13 AM   #33
neatnick79

Drives: '07 Yaris LB Absolutely Red
More Details...

Hehe... sorry, that was kind of vague... that was 5.95%, for 60 months, with pretty much nothing down.
neatnick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:48 PM   #34
bikergal

***Bumping***

5.95% is pretty good for right now

Last edited by bikergal; 07-14-2006 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:16 AM   #35
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

Drives: Yaris Latchback 2007
6.0%
costaricandreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:55 AM   #36
asa805

Drives: 07 White 2dr Yaris Hatch
I had a 5% loan (12,000k) through my fathers credit union (he is the treasurer). I have a 60 month loan and am paying 230 a month. I put 3k down at time of purchase. :)
asa805 is offline   Reply With Quote