Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #55
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Oh, quite a few... I'd estimate about four round-trips of 100 or more miles on the interestate at around 70 mph each... Poor engine...

If you did that much driving in 3rd, I would highly recommend getting the tranny checked out and its fluid changed. Starting off in 3rd puts a lot of stress on an auto.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #56
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Is this why people leave YW? Because of all of the preaching?
Old 12-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #57
tuckevalastin

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
Is this why people leave YW? Because all of the preaching?

yup
Old 12-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #58
Luna V 2.0

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to Luna V 2.0
The design doesn't suck. It can't be in a straight line because if it was it would slide around from one gear to the other, since it doesn't have a button to push in to unlock it, like older cars do.

And before you say that it should be in a straight line and have a button on it instead like I'm sure your beloved Swift had, some people happen to like this design better.

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, this new design makes it literally less painful for me to drive when I have flare ups because it uses minimal force to shift. You my dear need to learn how to read. 3 is clearly not D. And if you don't pay attention to that, you should have noticed the roaring of the engine since you were in 70 mph on freakin 3.

I'm a girl too, know nothing of cars, and my old car was an old 92 Tercel that had the same "simple straight line design". Guess what, I looked DOWN when shifting and never made that mistake. You seriously have no excuse.

And I don't get how any of these people are being "preachy". I'm not defending the Yaris, I just won't make excuses for stupidity. After complaining so much on other threads about how much you spent on the car, I'd expect you to be more careful with it, not abuse the damn thing, and then blame IT for being "too complicated".

Since when is reading complicated?
Old 12-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #59
RejectedDemo

Drives: 07 Yaris
^Completely pwned. This thread attracted me because of the sheer stupidity of it. I mean, otterhere, you make all women just look horrible.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:12 AM   #60
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
lighten up . No need for name calling , etc..
Old 12-13-2008, 12:23 AM   #61
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
The gearshift design sucks... That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it...
It's a typical gated shifter (similar to what's in most cars)...

Even Suzuki

The Yaris is pictured first, followed by other models...
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2008, 12:28 AM   #62
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Ottahere, what year Swift (Geo Metro) did you have?
Old 12-13-2008, 08:37 AM   #63
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
for what it's worth, this is not the first person to have made what is really a simple mistake (and I am sure there are many more who haven't told us about it )

So there' no need to get tempers flared up about it...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 12-13-2008, 08:40 AM   #64
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
If you did that much driving in 3rd, I would highly recommend getting the tranny checked out and its fluid changed. Starting off in 3rd puts a lot of stress on an auto.
Actually it does not force the car to stay in 3 all the time but rather limit the highest gear it will use... so the "D" would give you the full 1-2-3-4 range, "3" just 1-2-3, and so on...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 12-13-2008, 08:43 AM   #65
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Anyway I am closing this thread, remember guys, the Yaris is an entry-level car, we need to expect people with limited driving experience to be fellow owners, and the more experienced ones should do their best to be supportive, not bash on them

Cars are like computers now, a commodity that you don't need to be an expert in, in order to own/use one. Be that for better or worse

Bye bye 1NZ...
Closed Thread