Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #19
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
And right you are.

But it's hard to argue the point of a dedicated drag car vs. a daily driver. I too have brought this same question up to two different world renouned tuners. Rolo from CFT who is recognized by Haltech, Microtech,AEM and Greddy as a top tuner.And John from LHT Motorsports whih is a top tuner for Hondata.

It's more than just equal lengths of the manifold but also waste gate placement on the exhaust manifold and other various factors which will encourage hp gains or losses.

I'm not saying it's not possible to make more hp with equal lenghts but Have been told with motors of this caliber that not much of a signifigance is noticed to make it worth your while to purse such a cost for so little.

So I guess if 4-6 more hp which is about the typical gain if all is correctly placed is worth the cost to you than it's worth the time.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote