Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-02-2023, 09:54 AM   #1
Deserttoyrunner

Drives: 2011 Yaris Hatchback Manual
VW 2 tone horns in my 2011

I never Liked the wimpy little button horns that came on most vehicles
so I eventually change them all out for something much more beefy without going to air or train.
The 2 tone from VW 99+ bugs and other vw sound great are are two simple wires each brown for - (tie both to mounting bracket for ground) and black and yellow for + (tie both to horn wire)

On most cars the bracket that the horns mount onto a bug works and it's a one bolt in job but the yaris nose is so shallow I needed to relocate so the horn hardware doesn't rattle against or squish in and trash the AC condenser

So I took a passat bracket trimmed some nubs off bent it to fit and mounted it in the drivers side bumper void.

Pretty basic but works well and not I'm not embarrassed using my horn

( realized I've been on since 2018 but never posted anything?? Pretty sure I did but haven't been on in a while )
Deserttoyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote