Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-31-2023, 09:24 AM   #1
nido539
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2006
Loss of Power in the middle of Driving after Car gets driven for an hour or more

Hi Folks,

I have got 2007 Toy Yaris 1.3L...Fot past few months, it is doing a weird thing...It starts well, runs well for a while and then in the middle of driving, it loses the Power and no matter how hard I press the Acceralator, The Car just drives at 5km/hour speed...Then If I wait for 10 minutes and restart the Car then it runs fine for some time until it repeats the same thing after a while.

Changed the Fuel Filter, Ignition Coils, Spark Plugs and MAF Sensor...But still the Car does the same loss of Power...

Did someone else had similar issue with Yaris in the past...If so, What do u think could be the culprit...?

Could it be a Bad Throttle Body which gets Stuck closed at the time of happening or Could it be the ECU as well...?

Thoughts ?
nido539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 11:49 AM   #2
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
verify your not losing fuel pump pressure
swapping out the TB would be a good idea as well

unless youve got an imobilizer i doubt the ecu is at fault

what codes is it throwing?...does the car have ABS/traction...some 07s do depending on market and if they get tripped via codes it goes into "limp in mode" and will do exactly as described...typical cause is o2 sensors
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 03:49 PM   #3
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Sounds like it’s in limp home mood. They must be codes get a code reader. No check engine light?
Old 06-01-2023, 06:51 AM   #4
rayfloyd170

Drives: Yaris 2016 1.3 Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by nido539 View Post
Hi Folks,

I have got 2007 Toy Yaris 1.3L...Fot past few months, it is doing a weird thing...It starts well, runs well for a while and then in the middle of driving, it loses the Power and no matter how hard I press the Acceralator, The Car just drives at 5km/hour speed...Then If I wait for 10 minutes and restart the Car then it runs fine for some time until it repeats the same thing after a while.

Changed the Fuel Filter, Ignition Coils, Spark Plugs and MAF Sensor...But still the Car does the same loss of Power...

Did someone else had similar issue with Yaris in the past...If so, What do u think could be the culprit...?

Could it be a Bad Throttle Body which gets Stuck closed at the time of happening or Could it be the ECU as well...?

Thoughts ?
if no codes thrown.. try changing 02 sensor Bank 1
rayfloyd170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:07 PM   #5
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
id second the upstream o2 as well...maybe codes just havnt popped for some reason
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote