Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-16-2020, 06:04 PM   #1
gubloom

Drives: Silver yaris
Drivers Side Power Window Not Working

Hello,

I have a 2016 model Yaris with 65000 miles.

My drivers side power windows stopped working. All other windows work and I can control all windows from drivers side control buttons. All power doors work as well. I got a second hand drivers side control button but the problem is the same. Everything works but not drivers side power windows.

At this stage I believe its the motor.

My question is - is it possible its anything else ?
gubloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:43 PM   #2
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
The driver's window motor is powered through a separate fuse to the other windows. Assuming the wiring hasn't changed from my 2012 Yaris, check fuse number 14 (Door, 20A) in the under dash fuse panel.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:00 AM   #3
gubloom

Drives: Silver yaris
Thats useful do you know if that fuse is for the door as well because the door opens using remote key
gubloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:37 AM   #4
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
The power door locks are separate to the power window circuit.

There is a separate 20 Amp fuse for the window in eadh door, as well as a common 30 Amp fuse for the window control system. The individual fuses for the windows are labelled "Door", "Door P", "Door R/R" and "Door R/L". These are for windows in the driver's door, front passenger door, rear right door and rear left door respectively.

The driver's window motor is different to the other three as it ties into the body control module for the auto open/close function. If you have to replace the driver's window motor, there is an initialisation procedure for the new motor to synchronise the motor and Body Control Module for the auto open/close function so that the motor stops when the window is fully open or closed.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:43 PM   #5
Charlabried
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris
The negative effect of the water can explain the malfunction of the mechanism. The vehicle's door is considered sealed but sometimes closes the electrical components under the influence of condensate. If the car has been influenced by water for a long time, this will lead to the fact that the power window unit does not work.
I had the same problem. When I installed the baby car shade, I left the door open in the rain for half an hour. I was lucky that, in the end, only the power windows were blocked.
Contact the service so that they can diagnose the electronics and the mechanism.

Last edited by Charlabried; 08-19-2022 at 10:22 AM.
Charlabried is offline   Reply With Quote