Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-20-2008, 02:10 AM   #1
k3nn4

Drives: Yaris Sedan
HID Lights Install ?

Guys, Just wondering where can I install my HID Light Kits in Perth?

Thanks
k3nn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:17 AM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
If it's a simple plug-and-play, you can do it yourself. It's pretty easy and self-explanatory.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:51 AM   #3
k3nn4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
If it's a simple plug-and-play, you can do it yourself. It's pretty easy and self-explanatory.
Doesn't need to wiring ???

I'm thinking to buy this from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MARS-BluePack...742.m153.l1262
Old 11-20-2008, 02:55 AM   #4
darkmoon87

Drives: 08 Yaris
it's h4 bi xenon bulb right?
darkmoon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:55 AM   #5
k3nn4

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmoon87 View Post
it's h4 bi xenon bulb right?
Yupe it's H4 bi xenon :)
Old 11-20-2008, 03:01 AM   #6
Kaotic Lazagna

Nope, doesn't seem like it needs anything else. However, contact the seller to make sure. But again, it looks like it includes everything you need. I like how it uses Philips bulbs. You shouldn't have a problem with that. However, I don't know where the ballast is manufactured. I'm betting that that kit is better than the HID kit I have.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:14 AM   #7
k3nn4

Quote:
Nope, doesn't seem like it needs anything else. However, contact the seller to make sure. But again, it looks like it includes everything you need. I like how it uses Philips bulbs. You shouldn't have a problem with that. However, I don't know where the ballast is manufactured. I'm betting that that kit is better than the HID kit I have.
Thanks for the information :) I will ask the seller and see if it come with the installation manual or something
Old 11-20-2008, 03:22 AM   #8
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nn4 View Post
Thanks for the information :) I will ask the seller and see if it come with the installation manual or something
If it doesn't come with an installation manual, let us know. It's pretty simple, plug the lead into the ballast (doesn't matter which way with an H4, meaning + to + or + to -, I had to invert mine to + to - to get it to work), then plug the other cables to it's proper mate (mine were a 6000k cable and a high beam cable, I believe), then plug in the 3-prong connector to the car's socket (you know, the socket that a regular bulb plugs into).

The only hard part would be getting the bulb into the rubber plug/sleeve. I had to cut mine to put it through. Now I get condensation in my headlights every now and then.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:30 AM   #9
Kaotic Lazagna

Yeah, you should do that for the OP. Too late for me. LOL.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:39 AM   #10
k3nn4

Quote:
If it doesn't come with an installation manual, let us know. It's pretty simple, plug the lead into the ballast (doesn't matter which way with an H4, meaning + to + or + to -, I had to invert mine to + to - to get it to work), then plug the other cables to it's proper mate (mine were a 6000k cable and a high beam cable, I believe), then plug in the 3-prong connector to the car's socket (you know, the socket that a regular bulb plugs into).

The only hard part would be getting the bulb into the rubber plug/sleeve. I had to cut mine to put it through. Now I get condensation in my headlights every now and then.
Thanks for the advice and I will let you know after I received the kit :)
Old 11-20-2008, 03:41 AM   #11
lunjiaow

Drives: Yaris
Where did you get the kit from?
Looking for HIDs...
lunjiaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:09 AM   #12
k3nn4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunjiaow View Post
Where did you get the kit from?
Looking for HIDs...
I think you should read all over my post again -.-''

eBay the answer
Old 11-20-2008, 08:36 AM   #13
lunjiaow

Drives: Yaris
oops my bad.... looks pleasing.
You could hide the ballast under the headlights, thats what i did for my other cars.
Makes it stock looking, and if the cops pull you over they wont be able to spot it to give you a yellow.
lunjiaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #14
bimmerman86

Drives: 09 Corolla
Quote:

What do you mean by this? you reversed the connection going to the ballast? I got a set for my friend's 08 Yaris and he said its not working right.
bimmerman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #15
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
our car has reverse grounding system.. hope its plug and play otherwise you may need to switch some wires..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #16
bimmerman86

Ok, my friend reversed the wires to get the lights to work. Problem is that they flicker and don't stay on. The only way to get the HIDs to stay on is if he runs them as high beams, but then the halogen bulb has no function. Can someone explain to me how to reposition the wires to get the HIDs to function as low beam and the halogen as high beams? I feel bad getting him the kit and not be able to help him to rsolve the problem. I want to at least get him good info.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #17
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerman86 View Post
Ok, my friend reversed the wires to get the lights to work. Problem is that they flicker and don't stay on. The only way to get the HIDs to stay on is if he runs them as high beams, but then the halogen bulb has no function. Can someone explain to me how to reposition the wires to get the HIDs to function as low beam and the halogen as high beams? I feel bad getting him the kit and not be able to help him to rsolve the problem. I want to at least get him good info.
drl is causing the flicker for low beam you either take the drl relay of or or relay the low beam instead . that relay and fuse should come with the hid kit..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #18
bimmerman86

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
drl is causing the flicker for low beam you either take the drl relay of or or relay the low beam instead . that relay and fuse should come with the hid kit..
He says his car doesn't have DRL.