Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-19-2006, 11:29 AM   #73
Dylanby

Drives: RS 5-DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormite
im thinking YARISWORLD might not be the best place to seek objective opinions, but i can tell you visually i like the yaris better... just looks cooler IMO.
True. If your on YarisWorld.com, then chances are you really like the car.

Subjective opinions are ok. A lot of times it's not what's said, but the way people say it that causes problems.
Dylanby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #74
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanby
True. If your on YarisWorld.com, then chances are you really like the car.

Subjective opinions are ok. A lot of times it's not what's said, but the way people say it that causes problems.
Agree, there are good and bad side of everything, depends on your wording of your opinion. I am cool if somebody say stuff about my car that is true, but we won't lay down and die when somebody said their car will roll over ours.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:23 AM   #75
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
There is no such thing, nor has there ever been, nor will there ever be an objective opinion come out of any human beings mouth.

I tend to seek out opinions that differ from the ones I hold. I like talking and debating with such people.

The only thing that makes me stop and leave is insults.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:58 PM   #76
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Actually saw a Honda Fit in downtown Portland yesterday. Parked our Yaris LB next to it, but unfortunately didn't have my digital camera with me.

It was a white one - they look like a "honda" inside and out - no new design here.

Noticed that seats in that Fit looked "used" already. Ours still look new.

Lou
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:41 AM   #77
hhcchen
stop staring my star perv

Drives: 97 tercel

http://www.carspace.com/thatsmycall/.59a36fe7/
hhcchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:13 AM   #78
Packy

Drives: Honda Fit Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 Somethings
Actually saw a Honda Fit in downtown Portland yesterday. Parked our Yaris LB next to it, but unfortunately didn't have my digital camera with me.

It was a white one - they look like a "honda" inside and out - no new design here.

Noticed that seats in that Fit looked "used" already. Ours still look new.
Yeah, I think that's an issue with the darker seats. Only a few outside colors come with a choice of tan seats. As for the design, it's been out since early 2000 in other parts of the world, so it's certainly not "new". :)

I've seen two Fit around Portland so far (both silver) but no Yaris, LB or sedan.

My wife and I test drove the Yaris sedan and Honda Fit (base model) on the same day. The Yaris looks much better, but felt much smaller inside. The agressive look it has (more than the Fit, anyway) comes from the roof curving down in the back and the front, which is where much of the headroom and window size is lost. We felt claustrophobic in the back and front seats, and didn't like how small the front and back windshelds were. It was very comfortable to drive, but both my wife and I disliked the way the steering wheel and plastics felt. The trunk had a nice amount of space. I wish the sedan offered as many storage spots as the LB, which has 3 glove compartments!. The car had plenty of pep with three of us on the test drive. Again, all of this is just our opinions. After all our research, we had narrowed it down to the Fit and Yaris, so they're both great cars.

I think the Fit looks better in person than in pictures, but still looks like a mini-minivan as many have pointed out. I still like the look though, and the Sport trim helps the look (as will tinting). My wife isn't the biggest fan, but it's going to be my car so too bad The Fit had as much pep as the Yaris, and we absolutely loved how large the windows were, which helped the visibility and gave us a feeling of open space. I think we had at least 6 inches between our head and the ceiling, and we're both 5'8". I forget if the Yaris sedan offers this, but the reclining back seats made the rear quite comfortable.

So in the end, we put a deposit down for a Fit Sport in either blue or silver (which ever gets there first). If the Fit wasn't around, we would have picked the Yaris. Both are great, and I hope everyone has fun with what they pick!

Last edited by Packy; 05-24-2006 at 02:52 PM.
Packy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:08 PM   #79
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Everyone here will have fun with our yaris.