Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Question about bi amping front components.

So i have components on the front that are on a passive crossover. The crossover has the option to be bi amped. Would it be better to run new wiring from the second amp to the speakers on the doors and let the amp crossover LP handle the mids. And another amp separate to the tweeters setting the HP setting to the tweeters.

Although easier is it more beneficial to just let the passive crossover handle everything.

Another question is to get the signal for the speakers in my door should i be getting a Y splitter to split the signal for the front 2 channels. The deck is a pioneer that has 6 rca outputs. 2 for the front which are currently setup for the front components and the 2 sub outputs for the rear subs. So i have 2 rear channel outputs that are still available. Will this mess up my sound staging if i use the rear rca output to power the mids in the doors while the vocals from the highs are by the pillars from the front rca outputs.
Another question is to get the signal split for the front is there any particular brand Y splitter i should use that is good.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
how's your EQ section on the source unit?
Old 08-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
YarisSedan

Its actually pretty good. Has multiple preset options and custom option. Also can adjust the HP and LP with independent sub control. Although i have a analog eq i might install in the dash under the source unit. I just like the ease of control of analog and its easier to turn the bass down from the subs with the knob then trying to press through buttons on your cd player while trying to watch the road.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Let me re-phrase that question...

What is the model # of your source. This will tell me how far you can go with your crossovers and EQ. This will tell us what we need to do with the passive crossovers (if we need them at all).
Old 08-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
YarisSedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Let me re-phrase that question...

What is the model # of your source. This will tell me how far you can go with your crossovers and EQ. This will tell us what we need to do with the passive crossovers (if we need them at all).
Okay this is my entire setup.

The model number off the deck is Pioneer DEH-P49001B. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...4900IB.Support

My amp is Alpine 4 Channel MRP-F300

Front components are memphis audio MC 15-MSQ6 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...s+15-MSQ6.html

Rear speakers are Tang Band W69-1042J 6"x9" Subwoofer http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=264-837

I have sitting in my room a old memphis 4 channel amp - unsure of model number and power raiting. My guess is its probally simular to the 4 channel i currently have. Also have another D class memphis amp pb400. Its 200 watts x 2. Which i supose i could use to power the front woofers but not sure if this is too much power for them to handle. I used them to power 2 12" subs. Ideally I supose i could use my current amp to power only the front components and then use the D class amp to power the rear subs. But then again im not sure if its too much power for them.

and also memphis EQ model 16-EQP4 and also some tweeters.

Dont really wana go out and buy new equipment if i dont have to. I have all these leftover stereo equipment from my old car i took out before i sold it and bought my yaris. Would like to put it to use if i can. I know if i try to pawn it on craigslist i wont get even close to what i paid for it.

Last edited by YarisSedan; 08-26-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

It looks like this piece has three pre outs. Is this correct?
Old 08-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
YarisSedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
It looks like this piece has three pre outs. Is this correct?
Yes.