Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > NY / NJ/ CT / PA
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2021, 08:27 PM   #1
Romana_Bede

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Exclamation ⚠️ Ex Threatened to Disable My Car

Hello,

I’m new to this forum and found it while searching online.

My issue is my ex threatened to disable my car. I have an 08 Yaris Sedan, automatic. I’ve reported it to the police and ordered a motion sensor camera.

I would like to know exactly how this car can be disabled from starting, what signs to look for that it’s been tampered with - that would not be obvious (said ex is a mechanic.)

I also found this site describing ways to prevent a car from starting and would like to know where to locate the fuses, other things mentioned that aren’t obvious (battery, spark plugs). https://caralso.com/how-to-disable-a..._Disable_a_Car

Please be nice. This is a domestic violence situation and I am actively trying to protect myself and my car.

Thank you
Romana_Bede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:19 PM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
In my opinion if your ex mechanic wants to disable your car there’s nothing you can do about it From actually happening.

The thing to do is show the police evidence he means to do it. And if it happens let them handle it. Many such Threats don’t get carried out.

Good luck and tell us what happens!

Tags
abuse, car tampering, car won’t start, domestic violence