Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-07-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
Gorilla

Drives: Vitz & Supra
Help - Blitz Supercharger on AUS Echo Sportivo (Vitz RS)

Hi All,

I have a 2001 TA-NCP13 Echo. Its 1NZFE, but im not sure if its the same as the Japanese Vitz RS..It has everything the RS has but the rear Discs.

Anyways, I bought an engine from Japan which had a Blitz Supercharger kit on it.

The engine is the 2NZFE from the UA-NCP10 (2003). Blitz Charger all bolts up apart from one braket hitting a bolt (I can post pics).

My main issue now is management. The little Blitz controller box (Little Black box) that came with the 2NZFE ECU, does not plug into my standard ECU.

Do I need to runt his? Can I run an E-Manage?
Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
It has to be spliced in, unless you make your own adapter. You can run an E-Manage if you want, but the supplied controller works well enough for basic function.

I'd like to see a pic of where the bolt collision is.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:27 AM   #3
eiriksmil

Drives: Yaris
I thought the Blitz kits were actually made for the 1NZ. Maybe the bolt collision thing is a mod. How is the black box wired together with the 2NZ ECU?

I've had a slow 2NZ Funcargo as my daily for five years, wouldn't mind a charger..!
eiriksmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
The Blitz controller never had an adapter for the ECU on it, just raw wires. You need to know what each wire on the controller is for, identify the corresponding pin-out on the ECU and splice the controller wire into it.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:49 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
With the displacement difference between the two engines, I would not even try to use the Blitz controller that came with the 2NZ-FE, as you will run crazy lean. Use another form of management, or if you really want the controls of the Blitz, use it plus another F/I controller.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:13 AM   #6
Gorilla

Thank you guys. Mechanic somehow worked everything out..

The car made a measly 46.4FWKW Stock...and 70fwkw with the SC..but it still feels slow. It seems as though the throttle needs to be on the floor for the SC to be active..thats pretty crap!

Somehow it doesnt seem right..maybe the standard exhaust is choking it? Ill post the dyno...not really impressed to be honest :(
Old 04-19-2016, 09:02 AM   #7
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Sounds to me like the Blitz controller is not wired in or functioning properly.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:23 AM   #8
Gorilla

He got it working so the little controller controls the SC speed. So i can turn it off, have it on Low, Med or High. All that seems to work fine. Car idles perfectly drives fine, but as you can see by the Dyno, you can feel its not a smooth power curve..red line is after SC, blue is before.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:28 PM   #9
Gorilla

Guys,
I have bought a GReddy E-Manage Ultimate and Universal Harness to suit. Will report back
Old 04-27-2016, 06:19 AM   #10
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
I am currently using a Greddy Emanage Blue for my Blitz Supercharger. This works really good for me therefore you will be pleased with the Ultimate. Have fun and enjoy.
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:17 PM   #11
Gorilla

Thanks man. Waiting for map sensorr to arrive. I will also add 2zz injectors 1zz throttle body 5zigen headers and exhaust before i retune her.

Does anyone know how i can increase boost? Its only seeing .4bar about 5.8psi.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:46 PM   #12
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
Thanks man. Waiting for map sensorr to arrive. I will also add 2zz injectors 1zz throttle body 5zigen headers and exhaust before i retune her.

Does anyone know how i can increase boost? Its only seeing .4bar about 5.8psi.
Can you hear the compressor? I've got an aluminum CAI and it amplifies it a LOT. That lets me hear if it's actually compressing or if the belt is slipping. I've had mine up to 7 or 8 psi with the belt tight (I've got a boost gauge) but 6 psi is pretty standard. The only way to get more is to do more rpms on the pulley (need to get a smaller one or raise your rev limit) or get a bigger crank pulley (no room, doesn't exist).

You may also have a leak somewhere that gives out at 5.8 psi. Did you have fresh gaskets when you installed it?
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #13
Gorilla

Thanks, my intake is all standard, so the SC is pretty quiet, but i want it to have that whine!

yep, fresh gaskets, dont think there is a leak, my SC Kit was off a 2nnzfe, and i suspect this is why its running lower boost.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:06 AM   #14
Gorilla

Hey guys, reporting back after the:
5Zigen Header install
High Flow Cat
E-Manage Ultimate

Made a little bit more power...bvut its very laggy...like ive got a T51r Turbo lol..once it hits around 3.5k, it goes awesome!! Im putting it down to the tune..