Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #1
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Neoprene Dash Pads!!!

Are you tired of your sunglasses sliding around your dash or lower center console tray? Check these out on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dash-...QQcmdZViewItem

I can set my sunglasses up in front of my guage cluster and they don't move. This is the same guy that was asking if anyone was interested in these a few weeks ago. I bought a pair from him and they are very nice and extremly well made. The cut is perfect and every piece fits just as it should. The complete set has ten pieces! With no more rattle coming from my multiple gloveboxes, I highly recommend them.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:03 AM   #2
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
why so much for just some pads i would be ok with maybe $6 but how much do you really need them
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:20 AM   #3
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersRedYaris View Post
Are you tired of your sunglasses sliding around your dash or lower center console tray? Check these out on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dash-...QQcmdZViewItem

I can set my sunglasses up in front of my guage cluster and they don't move. This is the same guy that was asking if anyone was interested in these a few weeks ago. I bought a pair from him and they are very nice and extremly well made. The cut is perfect and every piece fits just as it should. The complete set has ten pieces! With no more rattle coming from my multiple gloveboxes, I highly recommend them.
Go to Wallmart, pick up some of the stuff in the kitchen department for a couple of bucks and cut it yourself. It would save some money. Just my two cents....
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:16 AM   #4
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcove View Post
Go to Wallmart, pick up some of the stuff in the kitchen department for a couple of bucks and cut it yourself. It would save some money. Just my two cents....
Definitely easier and more perfect to just drop em on in... but yea, these could be made cheaply... that is, if you can live with some imperfections.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:32 AM   #5
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Ill make my own out of some scrap black suede, backed by some balsa.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:47 AM   #6
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i rather pay a few dollars extra just to slip it right in..

if you do it yourself theres the time to measure it, draw it, cut it and if you measured it wrong then theres the trouble of trimming it or doing it again.

Why not pay a few dollars extra......
Old 01-14-2007, 07:58 AM   #7
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i rather pay a few dollars extra just to slip it right in..

if you do it yourself theres the time to measure it, draw it, cut it and if you measured it wrong then theres the trouble of trimming it or doing it again.

Why not pay a few dollars extra......
some people think that way.

some people would rather DIY, even if it takes them a week to get it right, and materials add up to costing more
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:50 AM   #8
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Some of us are more then capable of making something as simple as this with perfect results.

Some of us rather put our own touch on something, rather then buy it already made. Its not a money thing for me, it more of a "make it my own style," type of thing.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #9
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
If you take into account that the kit covers every storage space, I think that is a decent deal. If there were only 2 or 3 storage areas I would do it myself.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #10
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Point taken, but I dont need nor do I have use for every nook and crany compartment in my Liftback.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:57 AM   #11
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
Point taken, but I dont need nor do I have use for every nook and crany compartment in my Liftback.
Who has that much stuff?
Old 01-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #12
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
I spent a $1 at the dollar store for a roll of the same stuff, and did the same thing with my car...
And had enough left over for a couple drawers in my tool chest
Old 01-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #13
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
Who has that much stuff?
Crack dealers.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #14
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
Crack dealers.
I just bid. Now my bricks of crack won't slide or rattle no matter where I store them.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:18 PM   #15
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Nice.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #16
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Expensive? Yes... Well made? Yes... Do you need all the pads the kit includes? Probably not... I'm a DIY person but these are already made so perfect. In addition I don't know where to buy this type of neoprene. It's the perfect thickness and non-skid on both sides. For me, things always end up costing twice as much and taking twice as long as they should so somtimes I just buy it.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #17
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
non slip pads

I got a set of these non-slip pads from Pilotpads a few days ago and have had an opportunity to 'install' per-se the pads in the various cubby holes and compartments in the Yaris.

As it was said the thread inquiring on the interest for these products was posted some time back.

I havent been impressed with previous products of this nature but was somewhat impressed by the products delivered.

Foremost the product was delivered in a professionally packaged wrap with history on the product as well as instructions and included pieces. Also enclosed is a small amount of double sided tape to hold down pads for the cupholders or other pieces where the pads may stick to items placed on them. I havent had to use them as yet, they all stay put and do their job amicably.

The materials used are high quality 3m rubber as used on mouse pads and the such as described in the packaging. These are not the cheap garbage you find at Walmart so dont kid yourself. I have bought some of the cheap crap you find at walmart etc and its not worth the time picking it up off the shelf.

All in all he product works great. I cant stand anything / everything banging around in all the compartments in our Yaris during corners and bumps. They fit perfect and do their job. There is a pad for every compartment in the Yaris.

Ive purchased other products which have cost more, you have to trim down to fit and typically have a lot left over and really dont work all too well, I highly recommend these pads. Ive found now I sometimes forget things in the compartment because I dont hear them.

Anyone interested can find these products at:

http://stores.ebay.com/PadsPlus?refid=store

mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:56 AM   #18
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
I just got mine as well. It's pretty good for what it is. The material is the same as the rubber on your average mouse-pad. The pieces were cut very precisely. If I had tried to make these myself, I probably would have spent more than what I paid for these.

I didn't use the piece that goes in front of the instrument panel since I have a dashboard cover.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote