Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
whiteghetto

Drives: '07 blazing blue hatch
Need help, drivers door will not open.

2007 3dr
manual door locks

I had the door panel off, got it back on. last I checked both connections to the lock/handle were connected. closed door to verify i got the panel back on proper. Now it will not open. From the outside or inside. the handles seem to do nothing. What can I do to get my door working?

Thanks guys :)

-- John
Old 12-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
Well, it would seem one of your rod connections wasn't on properly/tight enoguh and has come off. being that BOTH the inside and outside aren't working perhaps the rod that connects the striker has come off.

In this case.. this is going to be tricky- roll down yoru window, remove the window trim (the part that touches the glass) and try to get somethign to pull the rods up manually to see if that can open the door.

If that works, great! You can now proceed to remove the interior trim all over again and tyr to reconnect the rods.

If that DIDN'T work, then yes, the connection at the striker has been, well, disconnected. And you'll have to try to get somthing really long to get down there and disengage the latch and then again, remove interior trim and fix the problem
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
whiteghetto

Drives: '07 blazing blue hatch
Betrivent thanks a ton for your advice, though I went a different route and got it working :)

For anyone else as unlucky as I. Here is what happened.

First, the symptoms. door seems 'perma locked'. Pulling the inside or outside door handle didn't do anything at all.

What I did. When hooking everything back up, i did not properly snap the two cables back into the door handle assembly.

I sat there and stared at my door for a few minutes. Finally got the idea to just pull the door handle/lock assembly out of the door panel. It came out pretty easy :)

I then unhooked the two cables and pulled on pushed the pulled the cable to manually unlock and open the door. I think took the door panel back off and properly reassembled everything. All better :)
Old 12-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
^ That's another way :)
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote