Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2006, 12:06 AM   #1
W.A.S.P
I love my Yaris!

Drives: White Yaris Liftback 2 Dr. AT
Rant! Damn car alarm installers, trying to rip me off!!!!

So I installed my Power windows and locks plus keyless entry a while back. Now I decided to get a "professionally installed" alarm with all the bells and whistles, and these guys at the shop tell me that my whole locking system is crap(yeah right) and that they have a problem making it work with the integrated keyless entry of the alarm... They pulled out my keyless entry module and my power locks work fine, but those guys wouldn't connect it to the alarm module unless I give them more cash... What kind of BS is that?... So I have a fancy(and expensive) alarm and power locks, but I have to use the key everytime I want to lock/unlock my doors. The guys at the shop want $60 an hour to "figure out" how to connect the power locks to the alarm module, then they tell me it will not go beyond $200, while I looked at them like "are you f*cking crazy?"... or go the easy route and have them install the lock actuators that they sell for $75 a piece times 2... Man, I hate these MOFOS, they tell me I CAN'T do it myself because it will void the warranty of the alarm, so here I am not knowing what to do...Should I just tell them to go f*ck themselves and take it to another shop? I paid good money to have that alarm installed locally, because I didn't want to take my car to the Bronx or Queens though it would have been half price... Seriously, what should I do in that case?... I am really pissed off!
Thanks for your time!
W.A.S.P is offline   Reply With Quote