Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
A bad start to the new year :(

So I had my first major accident with the Yaris this morning... I left the office to drop by home, so I needed to make a U-turn. Normally I would keep going down the road to an intersection where it can be done safely, but there was nobody in the incoming lanes, and a check of my mirrors showed nobody behind me. Or so I thought. As I'm halfway across the road, BAM, and I see someone sliding across my hood, I just got right in the path of a motorcycle carrying two people, which I honestly didn't see coming

Thankfully, the two riders only had pretty minor injuries (sliding on the hood probably helped a lot actually, and they were both wearing helmets, which is a rarity!) but went to the hospital for x-rays and a checkup, then the insurance guy came and we spent a few hours sorting it all out...

But boy do I feel bad about this, I always try to drive in a courteous and attentive manner...

So yeah, the front corner of my car is pretty bashed up as you can see in the pics... and my steering's way out of alignment, 20 degree toe-in is not very easy to drive with... Tow truck's coming tomorrow, then who knows how long until I get it back...

Moral of the story, pay attention!
Attached Images

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
so it's people like YOU that us motorcyclists need to be watching out for!!!
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
heh yeah... and I'm a former bike rider myself

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 01-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Damn that sucks :(, hope you get it fixed and back up running asap!. Lucky those projectors didn't get a bashing :P, well looks like it anyway. Sorry to hear about that though.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
The important thing is that everyone walked away... sorry about your car though.
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #6
jaserhunter

Drives: 2008 yaris LB
sorry man thats a bad feeling being in a accident. be glad it wasnt a big ass truck.
jaserhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
Yaris Palme
MAZDASPEED3

Drives: MazdaSpeed3
Send a message via ICQ to Yaris Palme
ohhhh no. the beautifull yaris.....

and did you know something about the casualty???
Old 01-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #8
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchbackkid82 View Post
The important thing is that everyone walked away...
Absolutely, I am extremely thankful for that, hard enough being a foreigner involved in an accident here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimond View Post
Damn that sucks :(, hope you get it fixed and back up running asap!. Lucky those projectors didn't get a bashing :P, well looks like it anyway. Sorry to hear about that though.
Actually on a closer look the top mounting tab snapped, but it can probably be epoxied back on :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaserhunter View Post
sorry man thats a bad feeling being in a accident. be glad it wasnt a big ass truck.
I think I *would* have seen it coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Palme View Post
ohhhh no. the beautifull yaris.....

and did you know something about the casualty???
casualty? what do you mean?

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 01-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #9
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Glad to know you and the bikers are ok.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #10
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Shit happens. Glad no one was seriously hurt.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #11
Yaris Palme
MAZDASPEED3

hmmm sorry for my english :D
dict.cc said that are the bikers (i know what bikers mean, but i don´t know the english word for the german "Unfallopfer")
Old 01-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #12
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

oooh... casualty is most often used when someone died in an accident I think you would just mean accident victims, or just the bikers, it is understood which ones you are talking about

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 01-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #13
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
"E".....very sorry about this and hope things turn out well for all involved. Mine (accident) was more serious and I think about it everyday. You will also. Best of luck and I hope to see the car up and running in the same glory it was before. Notice I said glory instead of the same as it was because I know some changes will most likely be made.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #14
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Thomas, glad everyone's okay.

Just wondering, are U-turns legal there?
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #15
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

what is legal or not legal is a very grey area... heck the police came by and did a u-turn in the exact same spot I did

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #16
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
just when I was considering a Honda Ruckus -- thanks for the reminder, and I'm glad the human beings are ok.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #17
Yaris Palme
MAZDASPEED3

but just think positiv :D
now you can buy a widebodykit :D
Old 01-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #18
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

hahahahha I wish, man....

Bye bye 1NZ...