Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
ExocetCom

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris RS
Tanabe DF210 Questions (After Searching Existing Topics)

First off, I've done quite a bit of searching and I'm hoping the folks here can answer two questions about these springs.

1) On a 3dr with stock shocks, have people experienced body or frame clearence issues with things like speed bumps/humps or ramps at parkades and the like? I'll be running the stock RS wheels with the stock RE92 185/60-15 tires.

2) I'm going to get these installed at a local shop who I would like to support; quality work by knowledgable people. Are there any tips or suggestions I can provide them when I drop my car off to have the springs installed? I saw a thread from a few months back titled "the DREADED df210 install" (or something similar), but the OP did not specify what was actually difficult about putting in the springs. Perhaps for those who install at home and don't have access to a lift and an impact wrench it's difficult, but would that apply to professionals in a shop? I don't believe they have worked on Yaris' before, so I would like to be able to bring in as much helpful information as I can.

Thanks in advance for the responses. The YarisWorld forums have been really helpful in informing me about modifying my Yaris.
ExocetCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
Phaeton

Drives: Blazing Blue Liftback
It's not very hard to install them. The only thing people really gripe about is getting the nut off of the top of the strut. It usually leads to a couple sliced knuckles.
Phaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:02 AM   #3
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
You could do what I did what I was taking off and reinstalling the front struts. Just take a work rag and lay it over the sharp edge, you can tighten or loosen as hard as possible and not worry about gouging yourself.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
During the winter I run my stock tires with them and if I am not paying attention I scrape the frame of car on speedbumps.....but like all lowered cars you just gotta learn to ride slow and if you put on a body kit or lip kit how to angle over stuff and into and out of driveways.

Wth my 17s on I have no clearance issues,they leave me about 1/4"taller off the ground and just misses everything,but still ride slow.
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
related question - i'm doing the df210 install now and it's not starting out well anyways, the floorjack i've got doesn't lift the car high enough from the center jack lift point in the back(about 4in. in from rear plate). can you do the rear springs one side at a time instead of lifting the entire backend at once? also, the tough part on the front with the top nut - it turned scary-easy with an offset box wrench(i can't find my 6mm allen key right now). is this normal and do i need the allen key now or do i wait until the strut is off the car? finally(at least until i reach the next hurdle), can the front be done one side at a time too? my floorjack is a pos and i'm ready to just use the temporary jack for right now. thanks in advance!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #6
Prohibit
Verbieten Sie

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Prohibit Send a message via MSN to Prohibit Send a message via Yahoo to Prohibit
I have 17's and I ride with no issues of bottoming out.

Hatchback Purist? Be sure to drop in and register. New forum with a great clean design and potential.
Prohibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
with alignment i dont have problems clearing speed bumps anymore whatsoever =0 and ive got +17offset in the back with 30 in front.... dropped on DF210s of course...

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote