Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2019, 02:09 AM   #1
RMcG

Drives: 2008 Yaris Base Hatchback
Can I attach iPod headphone jack to speakers?

I have a 2008 Toyota Yaris 3 door hatchback base model. It doesn't even have a rear windshield wiper. I bought it new and never paid the extra money to put a radio (or CD or tape player) in it.

A while back, I called a local county sheriff's office and they told me it was OK to use headphones if I only used them on/in one ear. So thinking it was legal, I have been listening to books on tape (and occasionally music) with one earphone of a typical two earpiece headphone for a couple of years. A relative just told me that the sheriff's office probably misunderstood me and that what I have been doing is illegal.

The iPod has a jack for the headphones of course. I am wondering if there is some way I could connect the iPod headphone jack to the car speakers and dispense with the headphone and be legal.

QUESTION: Is there a way to do this?

Any other comments will be welcomed.

Thanks,

R.
RMcG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipod, jack, speakers