Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2006, 05:26 PM   #1
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
Response from Toyota

Below is the response I received from Toyota When I emailed them concerning the difficulty in purchasing a Yaris of my choice. Seems they throw it all back to the dealers. I still think everyone with a horror story concerning the purchase of a Yaris should email Toyota.

To: <swright3@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Unable to purchase a Yaris I want [Incident: 060811-000313]
Date: Saturday, August 19, 2006 12:09 PM

Recently you contacted Toyota. Below is a summary of your contact
message and our response.

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Unable to purchase a Yaris I want

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Erin) - 08/19/2006 09:09 AM
<as-html>
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.<p>

We appreciate your interest in the Toyota Yaris and apologize for the difficulty experienced in trying to find your vehicle of choice.<p>

We apologize; we are not equipped to take special orders for specific vehicles. Vehicle allocation is based on the geographical area in which they are marketed. Toyota dealerships and distributors are prepared to take your request and make every attempt to obtain the desired vehicle.<p>

If the dealership is unable to locate the vehicle of choice, they may submit a preference request for your desired vehicle. This preference request does not guarantee you will receive the vehicle with the exact options requested, and may create an extended wait-time.<p>

We encourage you to contact the Customer Relations Manager at your <a href='http://www.toyota.com/dealers'TARGET= BLANK>local Toyota
dealership</a> for further assistance.<p>

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200608190126. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to <a href = ' http://toyota.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/toyota.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4164'TARGET=_BLANK >contact us</a>.<p>

Toyota Customer Experience
</as-html>

Customer (Simeon D. Wright) - 08/11/2006 08:08 PM
After reading many Horror stories on line in The Yaris forums about people wanting to buy a Yaris and ordering them and not getting what they ordered, or being told that what they wanted would take four to six months to get it. I couldn't believe all these tales till I went to order one for myself. I sat down with the salesman a very nice person and told him what I wanted. A manual shift, silver streak mica, Sedan with the power package and fog lights. He wrote it up and I wrote out my deposit check. He takes the paper work to the boss who tells us that there are no manual shift Yaris' with the power package in the country and Toyota isn't going to send any more over till the next model year and I could have an automatic with some of the add ons I wanted. I chose to wait until next year
or purchase a Honda or Nissan with equivalent gas mileage savings. I find it unbelievable that a company like Toyota could bring a new model to market with so little variety for purchasers to choose from. I wiuld really like to buy the vehicle in the near future.

[---001:002250:27165---]