Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Road Trip: Ticket-time

Yay, I finally decided to take a road trip in the Yaris, 1.3k miles, but on only 4 tanks of gas!

Anyway, I didnt have a problem, except for I tried to stick to speed limits, and that is so not me..

Hence why I come to my next reason for posting...

I got caught in a cross traffic speeding trap in Jasper, FL:
This is where a cop is sitting in the opposite lane from in which your coming from and then radar hits...the cop then tells the other cop who speeds, then bang your done...

Anyway, I got a false reading, was doing 80 in a 70, and he rang in at 91...
Now the thing is, even if it was possible, Yaris uphill = slow acceleration, even if I tried I couldnt have gone from 80 to 91 uphill...also, the cop that wrote the ticket didnt even radar me, it was his "buddy"...also he wrote Honda on the ticket, then scratched it off for Toyota after I gave him my registration, dont know if that would hold up in court for "Heresay+Mistaken ID?"

Now my next problem, I got 30 days to pay up $190 but, I was just going to take it to court. But I live almost 250 miles from the city. I dont know if I could find a traffic attourney or something, or just do the whole setup a court date thing, or just try and contact a judge? Anyone have experience with long distance speeding tickets, and/or taken them to court?

I dont really have the damnest idea what to do, I have taken one to court in my local county, but Long distance sucks, not to mention to take time out to go there would suck, hence the attourney idea? Any Sugggestions?
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
how much is the ticket?

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #3
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenjar View Post
how much is the ticket?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
.... I got 30 days to pay up $190 ....

Sorry to hear about the ticket! Perhaps try doing some of the legwork over the phone... long distance phone calling is a little less expensive than gas!

Good luck!
Old 04-19-2007, 04:22 AM   #4
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
You have 2 choices 1) pay the ticket 2)show up in person on your court date with or with out a lawyer and fight it... or else your are getting a bench warrant... no other choices

I have gone though this a few times driving back and forth from Georgia to Ohio, I fought one, and it was not worth the time off work and the gas it took to get there, my advise, just pay the ticket if it was you are not, it will cost you more than $200 in time off work, gas, court fee, lawyer, and that will not garentee the Judge will side with you, and you end up paying the $200 anyway + the time off work, gas, court fee, lawyer.....

thats my advise from when it happened to me b4
Old 04-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #5
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
well, nice thing is in FL, you pay the ticket, you have a choice to take a course that drops the points from the ticket...hence it wont bother your insurance.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote