Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Scion upgraded Pioneer HU question

I just ordered the fancy upgraded Scion Pioneer HU,and it has full ipod control. I even got an ipod cable coming, but my question regards the connection between the unit and the cable. I know that in the Scions, there is a link cable that runs from the back of the HU to the console where the ipod interface cable plugs in. I do not have this link cable, but figure I can pull one at a junkyard if needed.
Will the ipod interface cable plug directly into the back of the HU (meaning the link cable uses the same plug, just acts as an extension cable) or will I need to have the link connection in order to make the interface cable functional? I plan to keep the ipod in one of the glove boxes, so I'm not concerned about the length of the interface cable.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:32 AM   #2
skigil

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback
I am new to the Dallas area, do you know where I can find junk yards in the Northern suburbs? I have been looking for ages!
skigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
yes the plug should be the same between scion and toyota. i believe you can order this part from the dealer..
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:12 PM   #4
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Thanks. Skigil, the best salvage yards in DFW are along Jefferson Ave. in Arlington/Irving. There are about 25 different places stretching a few miles along Jefferson, west of Loop 12, south of I-30. Most of them specialize in certain vehicle types, so you just call one and they can tell you who has the type of thing you are looking for. Also, there is a very high-end/high quality place called Greenleaf Auto Recyclers near Fair Park in South/East Dallas. They have all of their parts removed, cleaned and warehoused, and they guarantee everything. I was able to get a perfect condition OEM alloy wheel for my wife's 2000 Accord there for $60, and they had it waiting for me when I got there. Best place for an exact part need, if you don't mind paying a little more. The junkyards are cheaper, but more hit-or-miss.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
DJ_SpaRky
Resident Scion Guy

Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport
You're best bet is to buy one from eBay, there is a seller that makes them, ~$70. Toyota will only sell you the whole harness ($1500, yes $1500) and most junkyards aren't going to have 06-07 vehicles, they get parted and sold as reman'ed parts.

This thread has a lot of good info:

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198648
Old 12-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #6
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Great thread link. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #7
Littlefoot

Drives: 2009 Yaris S liftback
Hi Ozmdd, I would be very interested in this mod, I just took delivery of my 09 Yaris S and I have full functionality for the ipod via center console interface/connection specifically made for the ipod. My head unit is nice but sucks, a pioneer upgrade would not be bad.

Can I just buy the Pioneer unit and replace?

-Cheers
Littlefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:09 AM   #8
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
How much is the harness and Pioneer HU going to cost new? Have you considered just going with a Pioneer FH-P8000BT?
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote